• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mosin–Nagant 7.62x54R

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
gets the ladys man!

oh and if your lucky you may end up with a rare one thats worth a bit:icon_thumby:

also they are sighted in at about 200 yards and were ment to be fired WITH the bayonet mounted so the sights are adjusted for that so you will have to slightly compensate for that
Can you adjust the sights to compensate for that?

I know if I am dragging it thru the woods I am going to end up sticking myself. :shok:

With a bayonet would be fine for a conversation piece, but I haven't needed a bayonet for deer hunting yet... I guess there is a first time for everything though.

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I don't see the problem.?!

Seriously though, no rifle is nearly as accurate with the bayonet mounted as with it removed.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
my bad guys that one applys to mine not yours

Q. Why does my M44 shoot so far to the left (or right) of the point of aim?
A. M44s were sighted in with the bayonet extended. Shooting with the bayonet stowed affects the barrel harmonics and can change the point of impact by as much as 1 foot per 100 yards. Not all M44s are effected this much or even at all. Either shoot with the bayonet extended or drift the front sight to compensate for the difference.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
cbrn whats the stats on ur mosins??

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Those aren't mine. That was just a cut and paste. I don't have one but have shot them. Premitive. Poor attention to detail. Fit and finish is often aweful. Look like they were made with a hammer, file and hack saw. All that said, they shoot OK and ammo is still cheap. If the price is right, it is hard to go wrong.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Those aren't mine. That was just a cut and paste. I don't have one but have shot them. Premitive. Poor attention to detail. Fit and finish is often aweful. Look like they were made with a hammer, file and hack saw. All that said, they shoot OK and ammo is still cheap. If the price is right, it is hard to go wrong.
that is true with most a few are outstanding like the Sniper models or an Finn Mosin

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What is ok, dinner plate pattern at 2-300 yeards? I don't need an all out sniper rifle, but if it isn't more accurate than my shotgun (100yd gun) there isn't much point.

The ones I was looking looked pretty good, and off the rack some actions felt better than others, but just coming out of storage they could still be a little gummy. That is probably the biggest problem I have read about, cosmolene in everything and jamming it up after repeated firings. I have read the wartime guns were pretty crude so maybe the ones I were looking at were not wartime, and even among them some arsenals have a higher quality finish than others. I have no hope of remembering the names, but the ones with a star are supposed to be prettier than the ones with a triangle, functionally they are both the same though.

Last edited:

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
my M44 i could hit a 2 slice toaster center mass off hand at 100 so id say its pretty easy to get dinner plate at 200-300

yes the best fit and finished ones will be the early war ones or post war or way pre war being that the Germans where more or less knocking at the door and some cases rifles went out right into the hands of the troops not far from the factorys.

yeah the big thing is get that damn cosmo out and it will run great.

the star is Tula arsenal and in some rifles they are rarer and worth more in a collecting value

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I kind of badmouthed them and they will certainly never be a show gun, but I think you will be happy with one. If you want a rifle that is uber cheap, shoots reasonably accurately and you don't mind taking out in the rain, dragging through the brush or using as the occasional hammer, you've found your weapon! Just the fact they are still for sale and not all scrapped tells you something. For the price, you really can't go wrong.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I kind of badmouthed them and they will certainly never be a show gun, but I think you will be happy with one. If you want a rifle that is uber cheap, shoots reasonably accurately and you don't mind taking out in the rain, dragging through the brush or using as the occasional hammer, you've found your weapon! Just the fact they are still for sale and not all scrapped tells you something. For the price, you really can't go wrong.
Your bout right on build design though these were made to be used by millions of the czsrs untrained consrips so its simple as can be. Its been in constant use from the pre 1890s til today its served the czars armys fought against the czar in the revolution fought germans in two world wars it gave finland its independence from russia its been around

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Late at night you sometimes have to fight the urge to clear your house, slicing the pie from room to room.

don't judge me!!!!

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hey at least urs don't leave big holes in the yard

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, the last one was spoken for since Thursday. They are going to call me in the next couple of weeks when they get one of the 154 in that they had in the warehouse (as of Friday)

So we will see how that goes...

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
hopefully they are still free for ya to get one, if not il track ya down one

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Yea, don't worry if you don't get a chance at these ones, they are everywhere. Very common rifle.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals