• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

More problems...great

SoLongStang9499

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L 245CI
Transmission
Manual
I had made a thread a little while ago about how my 4.0 began to misfire in my 99 after i washed the engine bay down ( it was cold.) I left it go for a few hours and it went away, and never showed signs til today, I was leaving work and just spent the previous day installing ( the correct way) a vacuum gauge on the truck, and i got on it on a back road and everything worked great, but about a mile after it started sputtering again. So i checked my vacuum lines i routed, pluged the line with my thumb, nothing. Pulled MAF, nothing, pulled ignition module ( i had a accel on it ), OEM did same thing. I cant find anything wrong with it, its not throwing any codes, its just a constant systematic misfire, sounds like on 2 cylinders. Someone told me it could be my ignition wires as last time this happened it got wet, but today its bright as ever and we havent had rain in over a week. Any ideas?

Giant squid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Put a stick or screwdriver on your injectors frist and listen with the truck running, If you hear a clicking sound they work. after that i would guess vacum leak mabey, Cover the maf sensor with your hand to stop air from entering the engine, If you dont have a leak you should hear your iac make a whistle sound.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals