• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Modifications for Electric Fan

McCormack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Lulz... your ego is tiny... NOT. My "feewings" are not affected, one way or another, by ASCII char strings from complete strangers on duh interwebs. Your post here is as absurd and INCONGRUOUS as your response to my 4-YEAR OLD(!) post in evanesce69's E85 conversion thread. I note also that you completely ignored the rollicking good-natured rapport I was having with evan, the O.P.--who, BTW, is totally sympatico with me politically--or did that banter just sail clean over your head? :icon_confused:
Huh????
But since you have appointed yourself as my personal troll, the 'Search' function will show you that I have a 4-year history on this site of questioning those DIYers who think they have out-engineered real engineers, e.g. undersized crankshaft pulleys, etc. I'm usually joined in this skepticism by one or more Techs, SuperMods, etc., i.e. the RKIs with the big color banners under their avatars. :icon_thumby:
Perhaps if you actually read this thread before commenting you wouldn't make yourself look so foolish... our discussion wasn't centered on factory engineers and their engineering choices, it was centered on those that offer expert advice on mods and repairs that they have no personal knowledge or experience with. You wouldn't do that, would you?
As an aside, what 3rd grader died and made you Hall Monitor, with the "authori-tah" to "reprimand" other posters? You SLAY me with your nerdy self-importance. :icon_rofl:
Once again your reading comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired... you were reprimanded by the forum moderator for spouting your misguided political views, not by me.
OTOH, your insights on belt-tensioner alignment and shimming seem to have merit. How-to pics would add value to your fix, and help it achieve 'Sticky' or Tech Library status. Things like that add value to the site.
How would you know if shimming a belt tensioner does or does not have merit? Have you yourself ever actually shimmed a tensioner, or are you one of those internet experts that offers expert advice on mods and repairs that you have no personal experience with? How about an e-fan... have you ever actually swapped in an electric fan into a 3.0 Ranger for yourself? I'll bet you haven't, yet you seem to feel qualified to offer expert advice on e-fans in this thread. I mean you're the exact type of book-learned internet expert that we've been discussing... is that whacked or what?!

And speaking of accusing me of being your personal troll, you're the one that followed me over here to this thread and messed it up, so who's the personal troll in this deal? And ya'll be sure and include some of those emoticons in your next post, y'hear? :headbang: They really enhance your credibility.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Love it. No info, just a bunch of bickering. At least it didn't get as bad as some threads. And about under drive pulleys, and e fans. I for the gell of it, love to tinker and experiment. If it works it works, if not, i wasted my money, my time, and still had fun. Kinda like that time i replaced my upper control arms and found out i destroyed my brake line in the process haha. Live and learn.
Anyways... I hope to relieve stress from engine and make it more efficient through little mods like this.
Some good information did come out of the argument, as you all sat there trying to disprove each other: that just puts out different sides allowing others to make their own conclusion.
Thanks.

McCormack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Love it. No info, just a bunch of bickering.
Other than a bit of self-righteous criticizing, what sort of info did your post add to this thread? Nothing that I can see. Let me suggest this bit of info = people that live in glass house shouldn't throw stones. Do ya love that?

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
bilzy, don't look now, but I think you just got "scolded" by the forum's self-appointed prig... my theory is his "girlfriend" developed an air leak, ergo, he's a bit cranky of late. In the future, don't post until you first obtain his permission, via Private Message... lulz.

McCormack, WAIT... hold it... (*insert Psychic Insight here*) you... drive an AUTOMATIC TRANS don't you? That would explain SO much (psychologically, and otherwise)! Crikey!

For all the "fun" and dubious "upgrades" you've made under the hood, you could've just swapped in a REAL (manual) tranny, and been WAY ahead on both "butt dyno" AND MPGs. Pity. Oh well, lots o' Rangers out there for you to acquire. Search TRS for how to operate the 3rd pedal.

PS: Is a metal yardstick adequate for checking tensioner-to-crank-pulley alignment, or do I need something more... exotic? Mine only squeals when it's extra damp outside, so I'm only a tad motivated.

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
... you're the one that followed me over here to this thread and messed it up,

Err, umm, PARANOID much? Coupled with the narcissism, it's a very self-defeating way to go through life... or even a Ranger forum. Lawdy, lawdy, do you have a rearview mirror on top of your 'puter monitor?... I mean, ya never know when Duh Boogeyman's a-sneakin' up, or you could adjust it to admire your own self, LOL!

I couldn't be bothered to "follow" you anywhere, as I'm literally DRAWN to these "perpetual motion" threads, just from the title line. i.e. all attempts to "violate" or "get around" The First Law of Thermodynamics is guaranteed humor, mucho free laughs. :icon_thumby:

I wonder how much the A4LD contributes to Global Warming? :icon_confused:

McCormack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
bilzy, don't look now, but I think you just got "scolded" by the forum's self-appointed prig... my theory is his "girlfriend" developed an air leak, ergo, he's a bit cranky of late. In the future, don't post until you first obtain his permission, via Private Message... lulz.

McCormack, WAIT... hold it... (*insert Psychic Insight here*) you... drive an AUTOMATIC TRANS don't you? That would explain SO much (psychologically, and otherwise)! Crikey!

For all the "fun" and dubious "upgrades" you've made under the hood, you could've just swapped in a REAL (manual) tranny, and been WAY ahead on both "butt dyno" AND MPGs. Pity. Oh well, lots o' Rangers out there for you to acquire. Search TRS for how to operate the 3rd pedal.

PS: Is a metal yardstick adequate for checking tensioner-to-crank-pulley alignment, or do I need something more... exotic? Mine only squeals when it's extra damp outside, so I'm only a tad motivated.
Yikes, I'll bet you're real fun on a date.

But that being what it may, this thread is about doing an e-fan conversion on a 3.0 Ranger, which you obviously have never done, so do have anything useful to contribute to that topic? Or will you continue to troll?

McCormack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
... you're the one that followed me over here to this thread and messed it up,

Err, umm, PARANOID much? Coupled with the narcissism, it's a very self-defeating way to go through life... or even a Ranger forum. Lawdy, lawdy, do you have a rearview mirror on top of your 'puter monitor?... I mean, ya never know when Duh Boogeyman's a-sneakin' up, or you could adjust it to admire your own self, LOL!

I couldn't be bothered to "follow" you anywhere, as I'm literally DRAWN to these "perpetual motion" threads, just from the title line. i.e. all attempts to "violate" or "get around" The First Law of Thermodynamics is guaranteed humor, mucho free laughs. :icon_thumby:

I wonder how much the A4LD contributes to Global Warming? :icon_confused:
Yikes, I'll bet you're real fun on a date.

But that being what it may, this thread is about doing an e-fan conversion on a 3.0 Ranger, which you obviously have never done, so do have anything useful to contribute to that topic? Or will you continue to troll?

chrisclark88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok so I'm glad this thread as got off subject, but here I alittle bit of info for everybody considering thinking about doing this, I just drove from Missouri to Virginia, a total of 990 miles. My high for my gas mileage was 26.5 and my low was 24 when I was going through the mountains in West Virginia. I also modified my intake box to take a cone k&n air filter. So if you don't think this setup works then awesome stay in your little sheltered box because you have been proven wrong.

Rearanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My high for my gas mileage was 26.5 and my low was 24 when I was going through the mountains in West Virginia.
Auto or manual? Tire size? Rear diff. ratio? Short bed?

McCormack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Like I said earlier in the thread, there are some that are too anal to be doing mods to their Rangers, and they would probably be much happier if they just left things stock and enjoyed their trucks for what they are instead of worrying about transmissions and diff ratios and what-not.

chrisclark88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's all stock, except the mods I posted, and gets better gas mileage then your truck. So ha in your face, and if you want the info you asked for that will be at least $100, that's if you want to know that bad.

Rearanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Anyone else out there getting that kind of mileage with e-fan on a 4x4?

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone else out there getting that kind of mileage with e-fan on a 4x4?
probably, im certain that the information you requested carries a retail price that is quite out of your budget.

Last edited:

chrisclark88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey dude I just want to let you know if you weren't such a douche bag trying to prove everybody wrong I would tell you. But instead you think you are always right, if you don't believe me I don't care I'm still getting better mileage then you.

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey dude I just want to let you know if you weren't such a douche bag trying to prove everybody wrong I would tell you. But instead you think you are always right, if you don't believe me I don't care I'm still getting better mileage then you.
Who's being a dutchbag now?

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals