• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Might be relocating to Texas

99RangerKrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Just wondering what it is like there. The city would be Sherman, TX (just north of Dallas - might not go so well, seeing as I am a die-hard Packer fan!) I am currently in Tri-Cities, WA. From what I have read online, it seems to be pretty humid there, which is way different than here.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has been there, wondering what the weather is like, the people, stuff to do, schooling (I'm a college student) etc. etc. It seems like it is a totally different environment than here.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Probably no shortage of meth, homies and gang bangers. Whats a Packer fan doing in Washington... Texas bound? Shouldnt you be in Wisconsin lol.:icon_thumby:

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sherman aint too bad, not too far from DFW, and really close to the promised land(Oklahoma).

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Haaa, just a funny thought about Texas...I have family out there. Dallas and Lubbock areas. My aunts and uncles told me years ago that there is nothing but steers and whores out there. They still say that now!! I always thought that was a very funny expression!!! Now, my two younger cousins that still live out there are very nice looking girls (both now married with kids) but.....if they went my cousins when we were yonger....well....lol

Hope you have a great safe move out there if you do go, Bro!!!!

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I personally don't care for the DFW area - too dang many people. If you need to go to Dallas during rush hour, better have a full tank of gas. Fort Worth is pretty nice and has some awesome art museums. It's usually not too humid - not like Houston or anything but since you're in eastern WA, it might feel like a swamp to you. Sorry, don't know too much about Sherman though.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Texas is great!

Houston is way more humid than Dallas/DFW/Sherman/North Texas area, since it's closer to the Gulf. I think it's nice weather up there, and nothing is wrong with the city (unless you're a country bumpkin).

And stereotypes exist everywhere you go.

Meth, homies, & gang bangers? Wow.

Pete

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The nice thing about living there is you are about 200 miles closer to Colorado than if you lived in Austin. The bad thing about living there is it is alos about 200 miles closer to Okalahoma. Sorry dude.

Check out the Wichita Mountains in OK. Should be close and a pretty cool place... for Okalahoma. Arbuckle Mountains aren't bad either. Northern Arkansas/Southern Mo in the Ozarks are very pretty and within striking distance but you could get to CO just about as fast.

It is freaking hot. Too many people. Every square inch of the state is privately owned, fenced in with no tresspassing signs posted every 30 feet. Fire ants. Enough said. Texas is a great place to be from, even to visit, but I don't want to live there ever again. NO THANK YOU!

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sherman is like 10 miles from Oklahoma. Give or take.

Its within 3 minutes of Lake texoma. Its a good time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals