• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mazda b2300 1997 5.0 swap c124 plug help!

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
heres a video of when i tried it quickly last summer wasnt too hard on it i didnt had any fan yet on it

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
some progress have been made fitted dual 12inch fan in the front , got purple loom kit ( the truck going a midnight purple with white engine bay ) and looking on google i cannot find picture of people who did it yet anyway and im getting ready to remove the cab from the frame.... so now my question is im strongly thinking of swapping the front grill and light for ranger 2006 instead of keeping my 1997 mazda grill and light...since ive seen one today at the scrap yard the guy told me 60$ for all i need to swap over but i wanted to ask you guy on here if its mostly bolt on so id like to make sure that everything would fit without too much issue if anyone has done it yet ?

Attachments

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
The swap to the Ranger front end will not be bolt on. The radiator support will the spot welds drilled out so you can replace it with the Ranger one. I’m not sure if the inner fenders will mate up to the Ranger fenders or not. The hood may be different than the Mazda one. I’m pretty sure the fender body lines are going to be different from the Mazda body and you would probably need to install the Ranger fenders to get the lights to fit correctly.

You’ll need to look real closely at everything before you leap.

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
i dont know about newer year but 1997 the mazda b2300 ad ranger was the exact same truck its a brand new rad support and passenger fender and they are both ranger one when i ordered them and they are exact fit even the body line but going newer style i dont know that part actually but made quite alot of progres today body is already ready to be of the frame, started to work on the rust and primed where it was bare metal im progressin slowly but surely kinda taking time doing everything myself but i hope ill be done before summer

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
tomorow im hoping to finish the rest of the engine bay and having the cab off , next step gonna be to do the whole frame and im waiting on the full suspension kit from energy suspension, then ill start making the crown vic strut fit in the front i got quite alot to do but should be worth it in the end ill keep posting update on here specialy if i manage to make the crown vic strut work in the front but it should work great since they are the same diameter , travel is close enough tbh and same lenght.. i may just have to modify the stock coil spring location anyway ill keep taking picture and show you guys since i never seen or found anything about anyone doing it before

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
so i ended up with doing way much more work then i was suppose to havent tried the suspension yet i ended up cleaning the engine bay , taking the whole wiring harness out and trimming it down to only keep the necessary and loomed the whole harness purple to math with everything , extended and rerouted everything i had to , making quite alot of progress

Attachments

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
The wiring looks good. Time well spent, to do it right.

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
The wiring looks good. Time well spent, to do it right.
thank you!!! took me awefully long specially removing every single wire that i didnt needes from the oem harness i did it the right way by unpinning each wire from connector and must have removed like 10lbs of wiring from oem harness hahaha that is everything i removed

Attachments

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
And now that it's done, I bet that you're glad that you did it. Nice work.

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
exhaust crossover deleted , catch can and over flow installed , rad support back on , wiring taking place slowly... ad well to the important point so far it look really good for having the crown Victoria front strut working well on the ranger.. definitely a lot of fab and a lot of measurement but at this point im pretty confident its gonna work very well once done im half way there on one side

Attachments

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
so quick update i was able to make the crown vic strut work but i had to remove them and went back with stock cause it ended up way too stiff almost static so no go for me which was a mistake of my part for not doing enough research about the weight of the p71 compared to my ranger and the spring rating in the end i ordered a new set of moog HD coil spring which actually made a bigger difference then expected maybe by next week truck will be back on the road and next step is complete bushing kit and body wise and paint job haha right now looks like a total sleeper which i kinda like

Attachments

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
okay so i im wondering if there a way i could make the speedometer work on my ranger since im using a m5odr2 or theres no way to make it work since i dont have an ecu anymore? if anyone knows the answer it would be a great help

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals