• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Loud humming at specific speed

pSycHOarsOnisT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I get a loud humming inside my cab around 60km/h but goes away below and above that speed. It happens when im in gear and when im not. The truck seems to be running fine and recently scanned all the codes when i had a different problem but it didnt give me anything other than what i was trying to fix at that time. Does anyone have any ideas? Its getting really annoying because im usually driving at 60km/h

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Tire.

rotate your tires and see if the noise changes. try putting the driver side tires on the passenger side and vice versa, this will cause the leading edge of the tread to change, and it will probably make your noise go away (or get worse) and at least then you will know where to throw your money at.

AJ

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Does it go up and down with your speed when it's there? I'm also leaning toward tire noise...you might have a steel belt that is separated/separating on one of your tires. How long has it been there...when's last time you fooled with tires or wheel bearings or U-joints?

pSycHOarsOnisT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I just put new tires on in june, did an alignment a few weeks later. I was thinking it might be the tires but wasnt sure due to it being only at that one speed. Plus apparently the tires i have are supposed to be very quiet.... Atleast thats the speech my boss gives customers when hes trying to sell them lol. Ill check it today at work. Thanks

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
the tires will be quiet unless you have a balance or alignment issue, then at 55-60 mph youll start to notice things.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals