• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

little box

joey74

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
whats the little box under drink holder

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Safety restraint module

The wire harness connected to it is the only thing left holding the dash in my 2000 parts truck.

joey74

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Safety restraint module

The wire harness connected to it is the only thing left holding the dash in my 2000 parts truck.
But what dose it do?

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
But what dose it do?

Per google:

"The restraints control module deploys (activates) the front seatbelt pretensioners, driver airbag, passenger airbag, seat mounted side airbags and the Safety Canopy. Based on the type of crash, the restraints control module deploys the appropriate safety devices."

joey74

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Per google:

"The restraints control module deploys (activates) the front seatbelt pretensioners, driver airbag, passenger airbag, seat mounted side airbags and the Safety Canopy. Based on the type of crash, the restraints control module deploys the appropriate safety devices."
Thank you.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You know, I was scratching my head over why you would need to ask what that "little box" was when it's written on the lable for it. Then I just remembered that you are the one who's brother or (ex?) B-i-L threw away the dash and harness.

Are you missing the little box? If so, there is one in the truck I'm about to scrap. Unfortunately, I can't get you a dash and the harness was damaged, but a lot of the small parts are there. I'm keeping some stuff like the air bags and several things are broken, but a lot of the modules are still intact.

I need to know tonight, because the truck is getting scrapped tomorrow. I can also see about saving any other little modules like that if they are easy to remove, not too big to ship, and you let me know by about 9 AM eastern, cause I hope to have it on the trailer by 10:30 and on the way to the recycler.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Sorry, I didn't hear back and it was dropped at the scrap yard a few hours ago. I will hopefully be done stripping parts I need of my 2000 Explorer donor in a few weeks and I'm not using much more than possibly the PATS module from the interior. If any modules in there are the same I'll make the same offer. It'll be around for a few months before it heads to the recycler so plenty of time there.

joey74

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
You know, I was scratching my head over why you would need to ask what that "little box" was when it's written on the lable for it. Then I just remembered that you are the one who's brother or (ex?) B-i-L threw away the dash and harness.

Are you missing the little box? If so, there is one in the truck I'm about to scrap. Unfortunately, I can't get you a dash and the harness was damaged, but a lot of the small parts are there. I'm keeping some stuff like the air bags and several things are broken, but a lot of the modules are still intact.

I need to know tonight, because the truck is getting scrapped tomorrow. I can also see about saving any other little modules like that if they are easy to remove, not too big to ship, and you let me know by about 9 AM eastern, cause I hope to have it on the trailer by 10:30 and on the way to the recycler.
thanks any way.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals