• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

likes mud, got some??????????

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG] these are pics taken today with camera phone. my 1973 "P.O.S." F250 4X2. all except flatbed everything still stock[ for now] haven't really decided what mods or other alteration to make as it get me wherever i need to go:icon_hornsup::icon_hornsup: haven't been stuck in any places where a jack and a bunch of rocks couldn't get me out of either:icon_hornsup::icon_hornsup::icon_hornsup:and if i "bend too much iron" i'll just:icon_welder: weld bigger iron

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
O.K guys, don't be afraid to lay some comments on me, i know she ain't purty but purty ain't what i'm after where i like to go:icon_hornsup::icon_hornsup: besides i like 'em big, mean and ugly:icon_hornsup::icon_hornsup:and aside from all that i don't have any desire for it to be a show truck

KELLY88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Those pictures are pretty good for coming from a camera phone. Looks pretty good being a mostly stock truck out in the mud, you just don't see that a whole lot. Love the truck too, big and all metal, just like trucks should be.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
what???

all you need is lockers, a winch and mudders.

and you can get by with out em...:icon_thumby:

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
what???

all you need is lockers, a winch and mudders.

and you can get by with out em...:icon_thumby:
haven't needed lockers yet and i been drivin' 4X4 since i was old enough to see over the steering wheel over in montana, where i might add in some places you need a trap door in the atic to get out in the winter. as for a winch, thats next,as for mudders , i like a good aggressive A/T for for more options, as for the lockers i haven't decided

Last edited:

Redneckryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
haven't needed lockers yet and i been drivin' 4X4 since i was old enough to see over the steering wheel over in montana, where i might add in some places you need a trap door in the atic to get out in the winter. as for the lockers i haven't decided
you havent decided which one to buy of something you dont need?:huh:

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
just cuz i don't think i need 'em doesn't mean i haven't thought about them, i'm just not sure who to go with

Bentwrench

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
you havent decided which one to buy of something you dont need?:huh:
That's what I was thinking. He's from Montana and grew up with grizzly bears.

I know I'm not worthy of givng advice about what a real tough guy needs. How about a beard trimmer?

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
being tough ain't about where you "grew up" or how "big" you may be but whether you have what it takes to stand up for what you believe and sticking it out when the going gets tough. as for giving advise, as long as it's sound advice it don't matter where it comes from, besides it's a fool who don't take good advice and a bigger fool who don't take the advice when they ask for it

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
well, i was going to think about a doubler for my transfer case but with my case being divorced and the cost to get everything i need to make it a married unit[found out NP203's never came divorced]:annoyed::annoyed: i decided :flipoff: i will go with the next option in line and check out putting a lower lowrange gear ratio in. besides thats where my gear reduction sucks anyway. enough room and stand on the pedal i can go pretty much anywhere in high gear. any thoughts on where to look for gear reduction kits[ i think i phrased it right]anyway a place to find a lower lowrange gear, would be great and if ya know prices shoot them at me:D:icon_thumby:

Born24wheel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Beautiful truck, but it dont have to be purdy when you got a 390! I want to build a truck exactly like that, even with a flatbed. Cant go wrong when its a Ford or an early 70s for that matter.

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
Beautiful truck, but it dont have to be purdy when you got a 390! I want to build a truck exactly like that, even with a flatbed. Cant go wrong when its a Ford or an early 70s for that matter.
:icon_hornsup::icon_hornsup:hey we're almost neighbors, anywhere across the water over there to do any wheelin. when i was in montana i could almost walk out my back door:D

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
:icon_hornsup::icon_hornsup:hey we're almost neighbors, anywhere across the water over there to do any wheelin. when i was in montana i could almost walk out my back door:D
[/IMG]

pretty bad when the only place to flex some muscle is in you front yard:annoyed::annoyed:, but it does make a good parking spot:D

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
put together custom 3in. lift blocks for my cab:drool: got them under truck only to find out that the rear cab mount bolts are a half inch to short:bawling: only place in town that might have them isn't open on a sunday.:temper::temper: might experiment on making my own bolts , not sure yet. will post pics of lift blocks when i get them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals