• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lifting my 97

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Looks like a lotta work, haha. I would have done the D44 outers route, I can lock up 35's with a quad in the box towing a tent trailer, ask me how, lol.

-andrew

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
now thats how to fix stuff. i hope to see pics of this thing on the trails soon:D
maybe if he stops f'ing around with his hydroboost obsession, and constantly removing the front end-- he can.. PUT A MOTOR IN THE DAMN TRUCK!

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
maybe if he stops f'ing around with his hydroboost obsession, and constantly removing the front end-- he can.. PUT A MOTOR IN THE DAMN TRUCK!

haha i agree!! hydroboost this hydroboost that.. :icon_rofl: hell my an holyford86 put a new tranny/motor in his 86 in UNDER 10 hours and drove the truck home an thats including goofing off an getting pizza an wings lol

maybe we will have to come done an get ya in the grove lol

just pickin on ya tim! those arms look sweet!

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Oh yeah, I forgot why the truck was pulled apart in the first place, lol. Good time to do some upgrades though I guess... :icon_thumby:

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
Looks like a lotta work, haha. I would have done the D44 outers route, I can lock up 35's with a quad in the box towing a tent trailer, ask me how, lol.

-andrew

Yeah but your cheating. You have 1/2 ton brakes :thefinger: And..... How?

D44 outers would have involved messing with lug patterns. Since I refuse to run wheel spacers or adaptors, that would have meant machine work or a new axle and I already have this axle geared/locked/rebuilt/fresh brakes/ect.....

I have thought about it though. Putting high steer D44 outers on it and then putting them on to a HP44 housing when I get and build that.

And then I was like, WTF, am I crazy, I am not gonna mess around with D44 stuff, I am gonna put a D60 under it instead.

Last edited:

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Haha, ya I am....I like them though, they work! I had a moose run out in front of me on a camping trip in the mountains. It was rock wall-moose-guard rail and a long plunge. I matted the brakes, locked up the krawlers and missed it by 10-15 ft while managing the keep it rubber side down and the shiney stuff shiney.

I used to think adapters were bad....But I had mine built by a fellow ranger forum member on RPS and he made me a guarentee I couldn't refuse, They break and he pays for all necessary repairs/towing/new axleshafts with proper pattern. I've put 20,000+kms on them and they haven't lost an inch lb of torque since I first installed them and they work great. They also allow you to borrow a mismatched bolt pattern spare on the trail if need be etc.

-andrew

Last edited:

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
I am guessing that is "why hydroboost?"

I took german in HS so I was :icon_confused: for a moment and then google helped me :icon_idea:.

lol, sorry guy sometimes i forget spanish is only the california state language,not the whole US.you won't get far ordering food off the taco truck or gas station here without it. entiendes?

like your shop and stove! i've been contemplating how to plumb the chimney on an identical stove in my shop.maybe i'll ghetto fab a short stack like that to get started for free.

Last edited:

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
lol, sorry guy sometimes i forget spanish is only the california state language,not the whole US.you won't get far ordering food off the taco truck or gas station here without it. entiendes?

like your shop and stove! i've been contemplating how to plumb the chimney on an identical stove in my shop.maybe i'll ghetto fab a short stack like that to get started for free.
I set up a different chimeny today. It works better and was super cheap. I made it out of HVAC duct. probably not the best thing to use but its outside so I am not too concerned about it. It also only going to be a short term setup.

My buddy is coming over a little bit and we are going to be putting together a damper aswell so that I can get more heat out of it and into the tent instead of just out the stack.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
The flue should be vented outside the tent to prevent CO poisoning. You'll get more radiant heat off of the body of the stove than you will from the stack. Less harmful gas and smoke too...

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
I revised the stove vent again last night.

A big part of getting efficiency from the stove is having a damper on the vent. (learned from my buddy that heats his house with wood) So now, in addition to being vented outside, it has a damper to slow things down and get more heat to be radiated into the tent.

Thanks for the concern Johnny! :icon_thumby:

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
D44 outers would have involved messing with lug patterns. Since I refuse to run wheel spacers or adaptors
The exact reason I stopped myself on the swap.

Keep it up.

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual

I didnt feel like fighting with the siezed bolt or the rubber bushing.

And I found that one of my body mounts had a bad weld from the factory.....

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Looks like you've got a nice toasty little nook there.

How's it coming?

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
Been working on plating the frame.

And the down side to the heat.....

As it sits this morning.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals