• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lift kit question?

zrange97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok so i use this truck as my daily driver and like to have fun on the weekends but not to the extreme cuz i rely on my truck everyday. :headbang:

i want to put a lift on it but not tryin to break the bank...?

i was lookin at body lifts but i think i want to put a suspension lift on it to???

whats the cheapest way to jack my truck up 6+ inches??

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
3" body lift and a 4" suspension lift... or you could just go with a 6" suspension lift. Either way it will cost you around 600$ for the lift. Then with that much lift you would probably be able to fit 33-35" tires which you will need to regear or suffer with like 10mpg and horrendous acceleration.

What type of wheeling would you be doing that requires 6" of lift? I can go almost everywhere I want to with just 31" tires, I am stepping up to 33's next summer but I am saving money for it too.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i'd start with the 3 inch body lift. cheap and easy to do it yourself, but easier with a friend or 2. drive it for awhile then decide what you want for the suspension lift and tires size. with the bl already done, you'll have more room underneath for installing the suspension lift as well as doing general maintenance under there. just a thought.

Guilius

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
after doing three rangers (one of them mine and a daily driver like yours) i would agree with STRVGER.
start with a 3 inch body lift. they are incredibly easy to do and look real good and will give you clearance for 31-32 inch tires.
drive it a little then decide if you want more clearance and bigger tires and then go with a 3-4 inch lift of your choice. i know rough country will not break the bank but if you want a real good kit, save up for a Skyjacker or Duff.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
my 96 had 31's on it factory....with 2" coil spacers up front i ran 32's with no rubbing up front ( a little in the rear at full stuff )

if you plan to really wheel the truck, 35's are the biggest the factory driveline will really handle and still be dependable....

i have a small lift ( 3" with my 2" spacers ) and still running the 32's and go everywhere that the guys with bigger tires do....and it is still my daily driver....

l8r, John

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I'd say 2" body lift, 32" tires, front spacers, front and rear lunch box lockers, and your set to do some fun wheeling without breakin the bank too much.

Then from there you can decide on what to do with a larger suspension lift.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals