• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

life sucks! I'll get through it.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Wow...hope everything turns out OK...lost a few family members not too long ago and it really sinks in how important family is...

All the best to you and your family...

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wifey is home and her pressure is down. I went to the playground for a few hours and got the outhouse about half done. I'm going back in the morning and try to finish it. I'm keeping my phone close of course.
Wifey found a brownie mix, we dug through the house and found 2 candles(it is my daughters 3rd birthday but, she'll never know the difference) I think she likes brownies better than cake anyway.
We took an old bicycle, cleaned it up, painted it lavender w/red hearts. She is a happy girl!
My youngest boys birthday last month she made a lopsided cake, covered the top with cinnamon sugar and drove a little toy 4x4 up it, it looked like a little sand dune. I think that it being his 4th birthday I actually appreciated it more than him, I loved it though. I thought it was the coolest birthday cake ever!!!
Oh, Thanks guys, all of your replies are appreciated.

Last edited:

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Sorry to hear that Mutant........really.

My blood pressure has been up as well although I have'nt checked it lately, so I know all to well how it feels. My mom's anemic as well and I believe that runs in my family.

Just read that her pressure's down now. That's great! Did they give her meds for it?

When money's tight for us around birthday times we do the same thing as well with the brownies. It's actually more like cupcakes....haha. Take care.

Allen

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The first day she went to hospital (tuesday) they gave her scrips for like 10 different pills. She tried a few of the most important ones and they made her really sick. She is in bed right now so I can't ask her what they were. One of the pills they gave her was a muscle relaxer, It says right on the bottle not to take them if you have heart trouble! Bunch of quacks!!! She ended up going back to the ER friday, barely able to function. We don't like the idea of popping pills when they are not needed, I won't take a pain pill unless it is so bad that I can't sleep. I also know that something like high blood pressure can be contolled by pills but, other things can be used as well. As far as I know she is taking some of the scrips though.

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I did manage to finish the outhouse today. Wifey came out with the kids, she brought her BP monitor. she hung around out there for a while then checked her BP, it was normal! She checked it just before she left the house and it was a little high. I told her "See, you just need to go 4wheeling more!" My youngest daughter went for her first ride in the Black frog, She didn't cry but, she wanted mom after just a few minutes. My oldest daughter went for the first ride that she didn't cry! My youngest son earned his wings! My oldest son drove the property owners quad over the top of the tallest hill there! It turned out to be an awesome day!

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Have they discussed the potential for exercise sometime in her future?

In my humble opinion, exercise (when advisable) helps people in so many ways.

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
She has a lot of extra weight from popping 4 kids in a row. She is already in an extensive exersize program. The doctor said not to stop but, take it easy until she gets her BP under control.
She has way to much stress and because she is a good hearted person she takes on other peoples. She has to learn how to not let other peoples problems become hers! That is what we are working on now.
I don't deal with stress well, I had really bad health issues until I learned how to deal with it. Just plain DON'T let things bother you. It has taken me a long time to learn, learning how to fix cars was WAY easier! I'm not saying that I will ever be stress free but, I'm in better health now anyway.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals