• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Let's see your Pre runner pictures!!!!!!!!!

Bajabronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'98
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am contemplating the build of a first gen prerunner with a turbo 2.3 and without super huge tires. I would probably convert to a newer front end when i did the fiberglass fenders but maybe not.

So i guess what I am saying is post up pics of any generation prerunners with tires smaller than 33's....or show me how good the 33's look and change my mind:thefinger:

bmxryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
why do you want tiny tires???? :icon_confused:
even 33's are small. my truck isnt close to being a prerunner yet but atleast i saved other people the laughter and i bought 35's :thefinger:

Bajabronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'98
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Want to maintain decent mileage honestly, and 1st gen fenders are tiny compared to yours. And thats why I want pictures to make sure it's possible without looking like crap.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Want to maintain decent mileage honestly, and 1st gen fenders are tiny compared to yours. And thats why I want pictures to make sure it's possible without looking like crap.
You can get fiberglass fenders like his and clear 35"s no problem with the right lift. Glass works unlimited sells them.

Bajabronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'98
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't want to run 35's This is going to be a daily driver that can handle some hard weekend fun. The overall goal is a good looking yet fairly mild build. If i can't make it look good as a mildly built prerunner then i will keep more of a stock appearance with a smallish lift, but build some nice arb style bumpers and throw in a winch. The key to all of this being DAILY DRIVER. I would love to build an all out pre-runner but right now it doesn't make sense for me.

so any pics of some more mild first gen prerunners?

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
You can get fiberglass fenders like his and clear 35"s no problem with the right lift. Glass works unlimited sells them.

Then you have to re-gear, upgrade axles, bla bla...

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
well here is my 87 with stock lift and my 31" tires till I get it done, It will have a dana 44/50 ttb and a 6inch lift with 33-35"

And here is my DD, with 31"s mileage is about 18-20mpgs, My plan is to just do wider A-arms and Coil overs for alot of wheel travel and short lift.

Ya Know it is pretty poser, But one day it will have a medium travel, and a soft set of rear springs.

And My first attempt to use Windows Live Pamaromic, Kinda cool and easy. now I learned to not to stand in the same place and rotate, that is why the skiline is all rounded.

bmxryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thats is my DD. :D

so do you already have the ranger? or is it what you want. because if you dont have it yet, then i would definantly suggest going with the biggest motor you can. as for the fenders. your going to want to get fiberglass so your tires clear, and when you get fiberglass the wheel wells are always big like mine.

and now another question is are you lookin to just throw on a lift? or do some sort of extended beams and radius arms (ALOT more money)

btw thats a 6 in lift on there. just to give you an idea.

Bajabronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'98
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No i don't have this ranger yet, i do have a ranger with a 6" lift and 33's ( coils, extended brake lines, drops, pitman arm, explorer frankenpack leaves in the rear and belltech shackles)

My plan is to get a first gen 5spd 2.3l ranger 4x4 and turbo it with turbocoupe computer, VAM, forged pistons, A/F ratio gauge, etc running 15-20 psi boost with a manual 2 stage boost controller. Power won't be an issue.

As for lift, for starters i will just do some belltech shackles in the rear and either leveling coils or explorer coils in the front for 2"ish lift. I will also build some new shock towers to run longer travel shocks and do somthing along the same lines in the rear, some adjusting bushings up front. oh, also some extended radius arms are in the works.

If i ever go bigger i would probably do a chevy 63" swap and maybe a shackle flip for better handling, bigger coils up front and cut and turned Dana 35 beams. Actually, if i build it that much i would probably 4-link the rear and throw in an explorer 8.8. At this build stage i would be running 33's or larger, but that is not now. Oh yeah and superunner steering or something similar.

If i do go for the prerunner look, i will flare the stock rear fenders, and might fool around with flaring the stock fronts (I have the skills and will be fabbing everything else myself anyway). If i can't flare the fronts enough i will buy the fiberglass fenders, although while i'm at that i would probably upgrade to the 01-04 front end. Leave the rear bed functional eg: no spare tire mounts that consume the entire bed. I will fab up a ARB-ish front bumper with a stinger, some lights and a skidplate:icon_thumby:

Bajabronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'98
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Here is my current ranger:

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
:icon_cheers:
well here is my 87 with stock lift and my 31" tires till I get it done, It will have a dana 44/50 ttb and a 6inch lift with 33-35"

hey...this makes me think i can qualify my junk as a prerunner....

hmmm....:icon_confused:

i like that look.

bmxryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
so whats wrong with turning that truck into a prerunner? be a rebel and make a 4WD prerunner that would be cool. giant motorsports makes long travel kits for 4x4's for if you plan on going all out in the future.

im just a fan of our 3rd gen rangers as prerunners thats why im saying that :D

Bajabronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'98
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Because I am selling that truck and building a first gen...I am doing this because (among many other things) i want a smaller engine, the 2.3 when i am done will be far lighter than a 4.0 and far more powerful. Not to mention an extremely fun build.

As for the 4wd, the first gen IS going to be 4wd, thus the cut and turned *DANA 35* beams if i ever go all out. I will be building my own long travel kit...:icon_welder:

SO.......any mildly built first gens out there?

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
so whats wrong with turning that truck into a prerunner? be a rebel and make a 4WD prerunner that would be cool. giant motorsports makes long travel kits for 4x4's for if you plan on going all out in the future.

im just a fan of our 3rd gen rangers as prerunners thats why im saying that :D
I will be running a kinda prerocker set up, somthing to run on a bit of everything a jack of trades but a master of nothing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals