• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lets See Some Light

CSyd77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1993
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6/3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
hey with all those leds doesn't they get expensive to have in your truck and if not where do they get them cheep???
$10 for a pack of 4 of the single LEDs at advanced auto toggle was like $15

8 194 LEDs were $35 on ebay

all the other outer LEDs i got for free from my brother-in-law cuz he swapped them outta his focus for better ones

so altogether i spent about $100 only cuz i had to replace 6 of the singles cuz the resistors are crap

CSyd77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1993
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6/3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
very nice, how did you you change out the hvac bulbs? i really want to do that, im about to relocate my leds in the airvents to somewhere around the center console like yours,

mine werent that expensive, i got mine from super bright leds, i got 2 of these for the driver and passanger sides up under the dash, by your feet they were about 25 dollars, and i got 10 single bulbs for like 6buck plus wire, and resistors for the single bulbs puts you at about 40 bucks total thats on the high side, i used the single bulbs to replace the ash tray bulb and glove box bulb
for the HVAC all you rele need to do is take out ur stereo, mave sure u have the heater on defrost (it moves a plastic piece tht is right above the light) and there should be a single plug that justs twists and pulls out u should make sure that the LED is in the right way otherwise it wont work (got lucky when i did my dash & only had to flip the HVAC one

Madracingalley

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Volvo....
Engine Size
2.4L T5
Transmission
Automatic

I pulled the broken grill shell out of the way and placed these 5" fogs in there
They are from a Ford. But I haven't a clue as to what model.(There mounted upside down held in by flathead drywall screws into the original grill screw mounts)
My adjustment rod is a welding stick. they give nice lighting to the road sides just incase there is somthing waiting to pop out of the woods!

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
I'm just gonna say god dam that truck looks ****in clean i think i got the cleanest set up for lights and light bar sorry i had to say it i worked for it and built it so i had to lol
I'm just going to have to disagree with you. way too many random tubes on there as well.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
SOHC 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
LT265/75/R16
I took this roll bar off of my brother's '91 Ranger before it was scrapped and set it on my truck to see what it looked like. Not bad! The lights are KC daylighters with Summit Racing covers on. I ended up selling it for $100 to a friend to put on his '06 Ranger.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm just going to have to disagree with you. way too many random tubes on there as well.

Got any night pics of the LED bar? What brand is it?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
I took this roll bar off of my brother's '91 Ranger before it was scrapped and set it on my truck to see what it looked like. Not bad! The lights are KC daylighters with Summit Racing covers on. I ended up selling it for $100 to a friend to put on his '06 Ranger.

is your grille chrome? howd you do that?

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
Got any night pics of the LED bar? What brand is it?
its a 22" Vision X LED bar with the Euro/Driving beam. Below quote is from the thread for my front bumper build

I'm extremely impressed with the LED for the little time I've had it on the bumper. Before, I had 2 halogen Hella 500ff lights on my stock rear bumper, with 100 watt bulbs in them. The guy I borrowed the bar from has 3 of those Kragen HID lights on his bumper, and based on what I saw from being in his truck, this thing is just as good if not better than those. I've decided that I'm now going to get some LEDs for my truck when I can afford them.

Streetlights only:

Headlights only:

Headlights and LED:

LED only:

machine090767

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4 Triton V8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Perfection is worth the wait
its a 22" Vision X LED bar with the Euro/Driving beam. Below quote is from the thread for my front bumper build
those LED lights can't be street legal. no cop would ever allow something like that.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
how in the **** did you afford that 22" LED bar??????? i checked some prices on Google, and jesus christ man!!! you could buy a donor truck for that price!!

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
those LED lights can't be street legal. no cop would ever allow something like that.
nobody really knows what it is. with it off, i never got hassled. the only time I ever used it on the street besides in the pictures was to quickly flash one person who jetted across 4 lanes of the freeway then slammed on their brakes right in front of me.

how in the **** did you afford that 22" LED bar??????? i checked some prices on Google, and jesus christ man!!! you could buy a donor truck for that price!!
its not mine. i borrowed it from the guy who made my front bumper. he bought it for a buggy he used to have, and now its on a race truck sponsored by the company he works for. I'm personally looking at getting 3 of the 8" bars once I can afford them, I'm kind of LED obsessed now haha

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Do they have to be on my truck yet? :D

I just got these for my truck:

And just in case you didn't catch on. These are 7in Hellas w/ Free Form reflectors... And they're 55w HID EACH! ;) I hooked one of them up tonight, and it was brighter than the two 6.5in Hellas with 100w Halogen bulbs that are on my dads truck!

My truck is gonnaa be brightttttt here in the next week!!!!

They'd probably be on already, but my truck got broken into on Christmas morning, and my dash got trashed, so fixing all the damage comes first.

Then I've got to fab up a custom bumper that A) looks good, B) will hold all these suckers, and C) will keep said suckers from being stolen like the rest of the crap in my truck was on Christmas.

Lets just say, Insurance is paying out, I'm using the money to install an alarm, and that alarm is gonna be hooked into my lights! Paranoid much? Maybe a little, but I'd hate to lose them... lol!

RunBaja

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
three KC HID's

[/IMG]

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals