• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lemons

human5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ugh, I hate some of the Lemons we have at work. Plus the fact that people love to abuse the hell out of a Rental Car makes it better. Right now we have 4 cars that see more time at the dealer's shop than on rent.

Kia Minivan - Check Engine Light comes on every 50 miles. It's always something to do with the A/C. Been in the shop 3 times.

Ford Mustang v6 - Fuel Problems. Fuel pump went out at 6k. Fuel Gauge stoped reading. Now Fuel Tank is leaking.

All Chrysler Sebring Convertables - Trunks don't close correctly. They have the convertable top that retracts to the trunk. Some how they always get damaged. We had a couple that the top gives out mid open/close. Those are always fun to see a customer drive back.

All Subaru Foresters - Tire Pressure Lights. They all blink, meaning a problem with the Pressure Sensor unit. We can't take them to the only Subaru Dealer in town because they want to charge us $60 to just look at the car and say there's a probelm with the Sensor unit (same thing we all usually come up with when they blink). Then another 100+ to either replace a unit or Re-Calibrate them ($60). They claim they don't fall under warrenty, I don't see why they wouldn't, the cars have less then 20k on them.

Anyone ever have cars like this?

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
my aunt had a kia mini van that was in the shop enough for engine problems that kia replaced the engine under warranty. i dunno why anybody would want a kia anyways, its like buying a car at the dollar store.

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
shit, there all dollar store cars, just get them fixed and get rid of them, no more headach

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
I remember when Kia/Hyndai started to make a comeback for their name a few years ago, 10 year/1 000 000km warranty, ANYTHING to go wrong with mechanical or related to it, was warrantied. I knew a guy who had an 2001 Accent, 450 000km on it and the clutch let go, took it back to Hyndai and the replaced it under warranty because the rear main was leaking right onto the clutch causing premature failure. Any company thats willing to do that on a car that abused, and with that mileage and actually back themselves up with that is ok with me. If I was looking for a small econobox to run around in I'd buy a Kia/Hyndai, I'd just make sure to get rid of the damn thing before the warranty expired. Yes, for the record, I am an apprentice technician, and no, I do not own one, but I do service them quite frequantly, and they're not bad for the what you pay is what you get value. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not going to go out and buy one over a Domestic (mainly Ford), but they're not the worst things out there, remember Yugo, or Lada?

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
or...the absolute WORST.......DAEWOO, BUY ONE GET ONE FREE SALE

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Aren't all rentals POS. Sorry, my dad rented a PT Cruiser with 7,000miles on the odometer. No oil on the dipstick and when we did add a quart, it was pitch black.

At least at your place it sounds like you are trying to take care of the rentals.

aggoodin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Funny you mention the Subaru. My in-laws were in town over the summer and rented a Legacy and the tire pressure light was stuck on. The tires all checked out with a pressure gauge.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Human5, wait until those chryslers get about 25 to 30K on them and the plastic ball joints start going out... what a POS!:icon_hornsup:

bigspaceghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4.sl0w
Transmission
Manual
Kia

I own a 04 KIA Sedona van. I was hesitant at first but, 57,000 miles later and not 1 problem. Actualy drives nice and moves pretty quick for short bus! Oh--and by the way KIA stands for KILLED IN ACTION.

human5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I own a 04 KIA Sedona van. I was hesitant at first but, 57,000 miles later and not 1 problem. Actualy drives nice and moves pretty quick for short bus! Oh--and by the way KIA stands for KILLED IN ACTION.
We have 2 Kia Vans. 1 of them is great, not problems what so ever. But the engine light one... yeah. It's all a luck of the draw through. Some parts are just defective from the factory and, it might not be the factories fault. Suppliers sometimes mess up on parts.
KIA also stands for Killed In Assembly. The service writer at the Kia dealer told me that.

Snake, we actually havn't had any problems with the chrysler ball joints. They've actually gotten better over the years, although they still look weak as hell. They do show some wear. But, we got the warrenty on them so if something messes up, off to the dealer.

LearjetMinako, I think all the Rental Car companies should try to take care of thier cars. It's what makes everyone money. Since the economy is down, the car rental industry is being negativly affected. Buisness has also been going down steadily for years, so everyone should do what they can to take care of thier cars, it's thier money in the end.

aggoodin, The Subaru's are very sensitive for some reason. If any tire looses half the pressure, the light won't clear at all. Go figure.

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
i had a kia, worst mistake ever, a kid just knicked mine in the back and it put the biggest dent ever in it. i was surprised that when it scratched the paint off the metal not to see a bunch of pepsi and coors light cans recycled into the sheet metal that comprised the kia if you look at it it is that thin

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
ours hasn't been a problem yet,2yrs an 16,000 miles.hope it stays that way.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals