• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

LED lights

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
Alright, heres the deal, I have started to install new LED marker and tail lights, However, when I turn the turn signal on, they do not flash, it is acting as a dead bulb. Does anyone have any ideas for this? I'm thinking about adding an electronic flasher in line for each of the signals, think that will work? Anyone with any info or ideas, will be god in my books.

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
you need to install a heavy duty flasher in place of the stock one.i don't remember why but i know they will work then .

Martinnyc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
you need a heavy duty flasher because the load of the led's isn't enough to trip the standard flasher. you can use a heavy duty flasher, or if you preffer you can get a load equalizer from a motorcycle custom catalog, website, or shop. basically, it'll put enough load on the system to make it think that it still has standard bulbs.

High Desert Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
A heavy duty mechanical flasher will make the problem worse.

You need an electronic flasher, and electronic flasher will flash at the same rate from very little load to extremely heavy load.

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
Thats what i was thinking, I ordered an electro-mechanical flasher today for $10, they didn't have it in stock, but it will be here tomorrow.

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
Alright everyone, for the record, if you do an LED conversion, or low evergy bulb conversion and are having problems with your signals coming on solid but not flashing, Instead of searching all the wiring and checking the resistances of componants and such, try switching your flasher relay to an "ecectro-mechanical flasher relay" It cost me about $10, and it seems to have solved my solid light problem. Just for the records sakes, I though I'ed post a follow up.

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
Well, I finally got around to taking some night pictures that worked out decently, Just for the people who wondered what happened to them, here you go, and for the record of how bright they are, when I apply the brake, EVERY reflective surface in SIGHT, will glow red (signs, reflectors, windows, ect), and not just in a few feet, I'm talking a few blocks will glow.

The park lights

and the park and brake/signal lights

85crownHPP

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Every exterior/interior light except the headlights is LED in my 85 vic...

the bulbs are improving at an alarming rate, they used to suck, I have ones that are decent, and they have some now that look blinding. search eBay for LED and your bulb number...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals