• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

LED Headlights on Lariat 5G.

k_teven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I was a member here years ago when I had my 2007 Ranger. Now I am back and I have a 2022 Lariat in Velocity Blue. I ordered it directly and one of the features that was most desirable was the LED Headlights. Well, I happen to be one of those folks that Ford SCREWED over and my headlights were involuntarily downgraded to halogen. FMC refused to discuss it, answer any questions, offer any alternatives, etc. In not so many words they simply said "screw you, take it or leave it and we'll sell it to someone else." SInce I had already sold my truck and I was in need of another, I took that way. Have tried hundreds of times through Social Media with ZERO responses. Have tried multiple chat sessions with zero effort from FMC to assist in any kind of resolution. I even sent a hard copy letter to Customer Service and got the same "we're not doing a damn thing about it" type of response.

I'd like to know if anyone here has ordered and received a Lariat (or other trim level) after March 2022 that actually had the LEDs included on the truck that was delivered to you. Buying one on the lot may not count as the deletion didn't take affect until after some date in mid to late May on ordered trucks. I was really counting on the LEDs on my truck as I have a hard time seeing at night at my age. I will likely be forced to either buy the Ford LEDs at over $4000 (headlights and fog lights were deleted)or some aftermarlet version for a lesser amount. Either way, I'll have to also install myself or pay to have it done and one needs to pretty much remove the entire front end of the truck to do it.

Any information that anyone has related to headlights and/or fog lights on the 5th Generation Ranger is welcome here. Thanks everyone.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I wish I could answer your question. I ordered my Lariat on Sept 22… I still don’t have a VIN or production date.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
For $4k + fascia pulling labor I would be considering truck shopping.

Make sure they even interchange before dropping that kind of coin on them. Aftermarket would be more likely but for as "connected" as everything is today I wouldn't be surprised if they are not a drop in upgrade. A lot of the downgraded stuff isn't designed to be upgraded after "the supply chain" catches up.

A good dealer should be able to look up what could be upgraded, I work in Moparland and we can so I would assume Ford could too. But yeah, everything today is tied into everything else. IMO it would be rather unlikely.

Aftermarket would be more likely to work... but then you have aftermarket fun.

Its potato vs orange but personally the halogens in my '16 F-150 blow away the base LED's in my wife's '22 Bronco. Way better pattern and range. The light is a little more yellow, which isn't as harsh and seems to contrast better (to me anyway) \

Actually whacked a racoon in the Bronco last night thanks to their rather pathetic range on low beam while meeting another car.

Last edited:

RangerFan1967

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I wish I could answer your question. I ordered my Lariat on Sept 22… I still don’t have a VIN or production date.
I had also ordered one in Sept of 22 and had a production date of the week of Feb 6th. I still haven't gotten any further communication from them. I ended up just buying mine from the dealership for one that came in that someone else had ordered and didn't want.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
There are quite a few aftermarket options nowadays... but its a big buyer beware type situation.

Some sets are big money, can't replace the 'bulbs', and only have a one year warranty.

Some sets are affordable, replaceable bulbs, but need some forscan wizardry to make all its features work.. blinkers and hi/lo beams will work plug&play.. it's the DRLs and such that sometimes need programming.

Some are affordable and truly plug & play but people say moisture gets inside the housings..

Just how bad is your sight? I have a lowly xl and imo the low beams are pretty impressive, but the highs leave a bit to be desired. My solution is going to be (eventually) adding a set of auxiliary driving lights that come on with the highs. Way cheaper and easier than switching the actual headlight assemblies.

rubydist

TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If they cannot get the parts, they cannot get the parts. Would you rather be waiting endlessly or have a vehicle to drive? They are not good choices, but that is the world we are in at this time.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Stage 3 Motorsports has some upgraded lights.
I'd say just put some Silverstars in and call it good. Get Forscan and tweak it so the fog lights are on with the high beams.
I don't WANT LED's because of the replacement cost and all the deer around here. In a few years it won't take much to total my rig.
I had a low beam burn out last week and got a new one at Walmart for $14.

RangerFan1967

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I was a member here years ago when I had my 2007 Ranger. Now I am back and I have a 2022 Lariat in Velocity Blue. I ordered it directly and one of the features that was most desirable was the LED Headlights. Well, I happen to be one of those folks that Ford SCREWED over and my headlights were involuntarily downgraded to halogen. FMC refused to discuss it, answer any questions, offer any alternatives, etc. In not so many words they simply said "screw you, take it or leave it and we'll sell it to someone else." SInce I had already sold my truck and I was in need of another, I took that way. Have tried hundreds of times through Social Media with ZERO responses. Have tried multiple chat sessions with zero effort from FMC to assist in any kind of resolution. I even sent a hard copy letter to Customer Service and got the same "we're not doing a damn thing about it" type of response.

I'd like to know if anyone here has ordered and received a Lariat (or other trim level) after March 2022 that actually had the LEDs included on the truck that was delivered to you. Buying one on the lot may not count as the deletion didn't take affect until after some date in mid to late May on ordered trucks. I was really counting on the LEDs on my truck as I have a hard time seeing at night at my age. I will likely be forced to either buy the Ford LEDs at over $4000 (headlights and fog lights were deleted)or some aftermarlet version for a lesser amount. Either way, I'll have to also install myself or pay to have it done and one needs to pretty much remove the entire front end of the truck to do it.

Any information that anyone has related to headlights and/or fog lights on the 5th Generation Ranger is welcome here. Thanks everyone.
My 2023 has LED headlights

DaveT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
My 2023 Tremor has LEDs as well. I read that all 2023 Rangers have LED headlights. Maybe true?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals