• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Leaf springs for 2in lift

86_LX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1992 and 2004
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 5.4 SC
Transmission
Manual
Hey guy getting all my parts together, Im using skyjacker 2in leveling coils on the front I have heard these flex pretty good, skyjacker nitro shocks. Im wanting to get rid of the factory block in the rear, what leaf springs can I use to get rid of the block and still be level with the coils I bought? I want good flex off road, its a 92 reg cab short bed on 31 in tires and im going to cut and roll the fenders if I need extra clearence. Putting new leaf spring hangersmfront and rear. I was thinking of using the 64in chevy leaves but heard they would be higher then the front

Bajabronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'98
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well if the rear is higher it just means you need to lift the front more!

I don't know how the 64's sit as far as height goes, but i know they have crazy flex capabilities.

explodan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if your truck is like most rangers then the back sits higher than the front already. you can swap in a set of explorer rr leafs to get about 1 in of lift with the block or you can ditch the block and put on a longer shackle, belltech pt# 6400, and that should allow you to be a little over stock height.

Bajabronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'98
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The explorer leaf setup would work, but IMO they are pretty stiff, I have run them before and i don't know if they would give enough flex.

Mechanickid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The trick is to mix in a few ranger leaves with the explorer pack.

86_LX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1992 and 2004
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 5.4 SC
Transmission
Manual
thats what I was thinking, getting a set of explorer leaves then adding the main ranger leaf with the eyelets cut off, then maybe pulling the overload leaf out and adding a few more explorer leaves in it.

Bajabronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'98
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
To be more specific, I ran full explorer leaf packs with the ranger mains cut off and added under the explorer main, though i did keep the overload in. That gave me 4" of lift, so minus blocks it works out right at 2". I could tuck my tires ok, but it was certainly no chevy 64 in terms of flex. That being said, it sure was an easy lift.

86_LX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1992 and 2004
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 5.4 SC
Transmission
Manual
would it be easy to stuff a 31 all the way into the rear fenders? All im wanting to acomplish is better flex then the factory in the rear and to get rid of the factory block

Bajabronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'98
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yes, my buddy Sunk ran the same leaves (explorer plus ranger) stock blocks, and belltechs under a 1st gen extended cab with 31's. I think the explorer leaves he got were a little more worn out than mine and he could tuck a tire pretty well, the problems he ran into were that even with 4 or 6" coils up front (cant remember) he could tuck the front 31's to the fenders. He did have pretty soft coils though.

Thinking about it now, with only 2" of lift, the explorer leaves will certainly allow you to tuck as far as the tires will let you go.

I am used to thinking of flex in terms of 6" lifts, and the flex you'd expect out of a 6" is a lot more than out of a 2"

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
You could run the 63" chevy leafs without your block and I bet it would sit level.

I have roughly 5" of lift up front on my truck. With the stock block, plus the chevy leafs and a 1.5" extended shackle, the truck has just a bit of rake.

If you delete the block and just do the chevy leafs it should be just about right. They usually net around 4" of lift, so if you take the 2" block out it should be good.

I had the explorer leafs before, they can't even compare to the 63" chevy leafs. I'm running just the 3 leafs, no overload in my pack.

86_LX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1992 and 2004
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 5.4 SC
Transmission
Manual
alright thanks guys

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals