• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just purchased an '04 ranger....

redneck15431

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So Thursday night I'm on my way home from the gym in my 94, just pulled onto the highway going about 60 mph, and all of the sudden I hear growling and the truck starts pulling to the right really hard. So I pull off the side of the road and as I did, the wheel locked up. I knew right away it was a wheel bearing. Got towed home, had to borrow my brothers truck to get to work and back on Friday, and Saturday I had planned on working on my truck, as well as me and my brother getting a few loads of coal for my house and his. I have been kicking around the thought of getting a new truck for some time now, so Friday night me and my older brother browsed online for used Rangers.

Right away, I spotted a 2004 FX4, automatic, Sonic Blue Metallic with 60k miles. Absolutely beautiful truck. We checked out many others but I decided that was the one I wanted to go look at. So in between our coal runs we stopped by the dealership, and I checked it out. The truck looked like brand new so I bought it. Runs great, lots of power, and smooth. So far I love it.

Anyways as for my 94, I tore it apart after I got home yesterday to assess the damages, and the inner wheel bearing was completely destroyed and it had fused itself to the spindle. So I called around for a spindle and nobody sells them. So I have to go to the local boneyard or used parts store tomorrow and find one. The old girl has 230k miles on her now and it's time for her to start living an easier life. It's just going to be my work truck for hauling things, going to friends houses to work on vehicles when I'm all greasy..don't want grease in my new truck, it'll be my parts runner when I'm all greasy, and use it for other dirty jobs. I'm going to drive it back and forth to work when I know I'm going to get dirty.

I have no idea what caused the wheel bearing to go..I repack them frequently and make sure they are always torqued correctly.

So yep..I'm now the proud owner of two rangers :headbang::yahoo: Looks like I'm here to stay for a while :icon_cheers:

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
:worthless:

Sorry, couldn't resist...

redneck15431

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Here's a pic from my cell phone earlier today

Here's a pic of my 94 after a ride through the back road above my house...older pic..from about March of 07 I think

Here's a pic of my mustang from about June of 06..it's nearly bone stock in this picture.

I have other, more recent pictures of my 94 and my mustang but those were the only ones on this computer..my other computer is loaded with them. Was going to take pictures of my mustang and my 94 today also, but the 94 is on a jackstand in the yard and the mustang is in the garage..so maybe after I get the 94 fixed and the snow melts i'll take some more pics with all 3 together..lol.

Rangerman4158

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That is a beautiful FX4 man love it!! Did you get a deal on it?

redneck15431

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yup. I actually got a really good deal on it. I bought it at a Honda dealership, and they had two or three other Rangers there. The one I bought was first, then came the other few. They already marked down the price temendously because it was the end of the month and it had to go, otherwise they was going to take it to the auction on Monday. We were able to get them down a little bit more, but not a whole lot. I'm extremely happy with what I paid for it. The truck had one owner, well maintained, and looks nearly mint condition. I'll try to post up more pics maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm sure by then It'll be good and covered with the infamous Pennsylvania road salt so I'll have to wash it.

Last edited:

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
that's a really nice looking truck i'm glad you like the salt the keystone state uses..:icon_thumby: join the club ,i think venango county is a big salt farm this winter...:icon_rofl:

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Oooo, that's a nice sombitch...

SAS_RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 or 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Two of my friends have the FX4 rangers and I want one so bad. I love how they ride, handle, and the comfort level. Congrats on your new purchase, have fun. :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals