• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Joe from Ohio

Joseph61189

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey everyone hows it going? Just thought Id give my self a little introduction. I own a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 2.5L 2WD. Its got 85,000 on it. Im the second owner of this truck so it was in pretty darn good condition when I bought it. This is the first truck Ive ever owned along with this being the first Ford Ive ever owned coming from an all GM family. Have to say I love it so far. Ive only had to replace the ERG Valve (rusted out) and the Alternator and I did it with no help (yes proud lol). Anyway, here are some pictures!

gordo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L DOHC I-4
Transmission
Manual
Welcome aboard to the owner-Ship of Ford !

There's a reason why Ford is the only American Automaker that doesn't need a bail-out! GM never recovered from Roger Smith's "So what if it's junk, GM builds it ... people buy it." attitude and Chrysler is a victim of "let's over engineer it to make it W-A-Y more complicated than it needs to be" German philosophy. (You'll never fix a Mercedes yourself !)

I find that the Ranger is a simple, tough, little truck. It's not a mid-sized, flashy crossover, blah, blah, blah, like the Tacoma or Colorado, etc.... but my 2.3L Duratec XLT does get 32 MPG - highway which IS important to me!

I had a '93 XLT "Leapin' Lima" 2.3L that I gave to my son when I bought a 2008 as my "retirement ride". I had 2008 Grand Caravan that I just never liked, so I ditched it. Now, I just love driving my "Little Red Pick-up Truck".

Joe, you did good. If you have any questions there are plenty of guys on this site that will try to help with answers. The interior of your XLT looks like it was really taken care of, too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals