• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ignition system upgrade question

SlipYoke

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
You should own an S-10 if you want to $%$# Rig it

And we all know what dealerships can do for us. Just cause you do $100 oil changes at the dealership doesnt mean your a mechanic. Look, just spare your Ranger of all the shitty rig jobs you want to do it and give it to a real Ford lover. :attention_whore:

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
And we all know what dealerships can do for us. Just cause you do $100 oil changes at the dealership doesnt mean your a mechanic. Look, just spare your Ranger of all the shitty rig jobs you want to do it and give it to a real Ford lover. :attention_whore:
:annoyed:
Oh, your that guy. You won't last long here, I promise.

You're welcome to check out my Cobra Mustang powered Ranger, its no "shitty rig job". Have fun bashing people SlipYoke, because if those are the only types of comments you post on TRS people will be quick to call you on it.

PS:A real Ford lover will not bash and belittle a fellow Ford lover, but encourage him/her to customize their Ford and lend a hand when a fellow Ford enthusiast has a question or concern.
:bye:

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
thanx gofast, and if youve never worked at a dealer, you obviously dont know what kind of problems come in and get moved either. lots more than oil changes here buddy. countless hours of diagnostics troubleshooting and i have been lucky enuff at one dealer in florida to run a dyno and completely tune out 20 or so bikes, 3 of which made 7 second runs after i was thru. just because you lack the knowledge and skill to customize something yourself doesnt mean you have to bash those that do. i myself have been modifying units in another industry for yrs, im moving onto a project vehicle as i have always wanted to do, if thats a problem come buy my ranger and take care of it for me, since the motor is gone in it assmonkey.

SlipYoke

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Your Killin me Larry

Yea, I'd love to come by and see your cobra powered ranger some time.:icon_rofl: not

Hey buddy you dont have to explain to me what you do at a dealership like your applying for some position somewhere. Good job tuning those 20 bikes that you probably handed someone the tools to do. I bet you have a cool little oil changer shirt that says something like "BEN" on it but your names really Chris. Guys, just because Im playing the devils advocate here doesnt mean you have to get all worked up. Im a Ford enthusiast and I just hate to see a perfectly good Ranger butchered by some redneck. God I love you guys.

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
well see how long you last, the rest of us info seekers can do w/o comments from the peanut gallery.

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Yea, I'd love to come by and see your cobra powered ranger some time.:icon_rofl: not

Hey buddy you dont have to explain to me what you do at a dealership like your applying for some position somewhere. Good job tuning those 20 bikes that you probably handed someone the tools to do. I bet you have a cool little oil changer shirt that says something like "BEN" on it but your names really Chris. Guys, just because Im playing the devils advocate here doesnt mean you have to get all worked up. Im a Ford enthusiast and I just hate to see a perfectly good Ranger butchered by some redneck. God I love you guys.
...I have brought attention to the mods of your behavior. Fair warning bud. TRS doesn't want comments like this cluttering up bandwidth.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
...I have brought attention to the mods of your behavior. Fair warning bud. TRS doesn't want comments like this cluttering up bandwidth.

Grow some thicker skin. This is the Internet, not everyone is going to coddle you and tell you what you are doing is great. :rolleyes:

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Grow some thicker skin. This is the Internet, not everyone is going to coddle you and tell you what you are doing is great. :rolleyes:
If you insist on people like this running their mouths in this forums, so be it.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
If you insist on people like this running their mouths in this forums, so be it.
No, but I'm not going to censor someone just because you don't like what they have to say.

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
No, but I'm not going to censor someone just because you don't like what they have to say.
If you read my report, I said keep an eye on him. I wouldn't expect you to ban him or give him a time out, yet. I'm just bringing it to somebodies attention. Did you read his posts? Can you tell where this is heading? This person obviously doesn't have anything productive to say on TRS.

SlipYoke

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Good

I do have good things to say. I said "I love you guys". Isnt that a good thing to say? At least my posts are short and too the point. You post these long articles about how you wrote a book on ignition and how electrons encounter resistance in the air. Great research there. Seeing since this is just bickering now and moving further away from Rangers I will leave you be to to fill poor little BEN's head with your infinite knowledge. Tool.
:buttkick:

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There is freedom of speech on the internet, too, no?

Oh, nah wait, everywhere you go on the internet is privately owned territory and they have the right to b00t you if they don't like even the way you smell.

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
I'm really sorry guys. I'm only trying to help Rurouni. I guess its more helpful to bash people and be an asshole. Look, my post is short. Is that better?

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
dont worry about it gofast youve been helpful, let them say what they will, i am not afraid of being the bigger person and letting the negative roll off my back. as we dig thru the internet search engines looking for info and we bypass and ignore spam, we can also ignore negative posts. besides, if you banned him hell just create another name and get on here anyway. thats what the iggy system on many chatrooms found out. i too informed the mods about his behavior this morning, but i will let them deal w/ what they wish to deal w/. i respect everyone on this site equally until somebody gives me a reason not to. slipyoke, i have no respect for you anymore, and as such i will simply ignore you in the future, as i suggest everyone else to ignore him and maybe hell move on. now that that is off of my chest, time to move on.

i will be using an ignition upgrade on my project vehicle as i have read up in other tuning manuals that it helps overcome the added cylinder pressure under boost conditions. what kind and which one has yet to be determined, i am going to attempt the megasquirt standalone setup, if there is anybody outthere w/ suggestions as to how i should tie this in w/ a boosted eec4 engine, im open to comments. my real question is my trk still has a distributor, not sure what kind (if any) oem advance unit is on it, can i lock it in place and use a computer controlled advance input and simply let the computer move it back and forth? (kind of like an obd2 coil pack system but not quite.) thanks for the information!

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
I can't remember his name, but there's a guy on here who has a supercharged/turbocharged 3.0L in a probe I believe. He runs a stand alone system. If someone remembers his name (or if I do later) post it so Rurouni can ask.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals