• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I need a piolot bearing part number

silkysix

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
There is a pilot bearing that presses into the flywheel for my 4WD BII. Every parts store I go to only lists the bearing that mounts in the crankshaft. Can any of you BII guru's give me a part number so I can get on with my project?

cocoasranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I think that you will find they are the same part numbers. On my 89 Ranger the same pilot bearing will press fit into the flywheel adapter sleeve or the crank flange center hole. Not sure if it's the same for the Bronco, but it should be.

I would buy one for about $10 and press it into the sleeve; problem solved. That's what I did.:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
I found this on ebayhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Ford-Truck-Mercury-Mazda-Clutch-Pilot-Bearing-Bushing-/150418958475?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2305ab288b I didnt see the year of your B-II but it is the same for alot of years

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
well that didnt work it says NAPA # FC-65354

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
what year is the bII in question? im assuming its got a 2.9l in it?

silkysix

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for your tips. 86 BII 4WD. I had the flywheel resurfaced at a local machine shop. They pressed out the bearing and threw it away so I do not even have an old one to compare to. My Haynes book shows a picture of two different pilot bearings. It looks like the one with the larger outside diameter--which I need-- has the same inside diameter as the smaller one. The larger one has some kind of collar around it. I guess it could be a needle bearing pressed into a solid bushing but the picture makes it look like one piece. I will chase down the leads you guys have given me and see what comes up. Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals