• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hydraulic clutch line

forq2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Alright I am in a bit of a pickle. So I am in progress of replacing my clutch and only need to disconnect the hyrdaulic line. Well turns out the guy that owned the truck before destroyed the white ring that you need to push in so it wont push in to quick disconnect. This is leaving me to either cut the line or disconnect from the master cylinder and take the whole line with the tranny. Does anyone have a suggestion on which to do? (I was told the hydro line costs $50 and I am cheap/poor.) Also how does it disconnect from the MC. I see a pin/screw and not sure what to do without destroying things.

Also should throw in '92 4x4 2.3L.

Thanks
Dano

michowski

Reaction score
Take a small screw driver and push it in. Its best to get to on opposite sides and just work with it. Thats all you can do.

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If you have to take it out whole then by all means do so becuase that line is not cheap!

It's definitely a dealer item and is more then $50.00, at least where I live anyway. I've pulled mine that way before. Just unbolted the reservoir with a 10mm socket (or wrench), turned the master loose and took down the whole trans with the entire line attached.

Much easier to work with that way as well. You can replace the plastic sleeve while it's all out and drive the roll pin out of the master too! Good Luck!

Allen

forq2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Alrighty thanks. My roll pin is just rusted stuck so thats why it was not moving. I am going to give it a good whack after work today. I had a friend who didnt know to quick release the line and just yanked it out and it was $55 to replace it.

Dan

HareRazor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You can go buy that white clip from ford in a kit that includes some seals for your clutch line. I can go get the part number if you need be

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
Just unbolted the reservoir with a 10mm socket (or wrench), turned the master loose and took down the whole trans with the entire line attached.
That has always been my favorite method, especially as it never requires you to bleed the system afterwards.

forq2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So I should be able to pop the quick release off the slave cylinder once the tranny is removed? Is there also a way to remove the throwout brearing without removing the slave cylinder? I only slid the trans back a bit because I am working mostly alone so dropping it and putting it back up would be a pain since I am quite weak. It looks as though the bearing is only on the spring by some clip, its kind of hard to see it all.

Thanks

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, it's a clip going around the shaft that holds the bearing on. You may want to replace the whole slave with a new bearing while you have it all apart. It's really going to suck to have everything back together only to realize you needed a new slave.

Don't ask me how I know!

Allen

liteshow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone have the part number for the kit with the little plastic slave cylinder hydraulic coupling clip? It would be greatly appreciated, and here in Canada they want $170 for the line :(

preflight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Did anyone read my post

liteshow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I've done searches for all the terms I can think of and haven't found anything related to what I need, which is the part number for just the little plastic collar clip. Would you be able to link to your post?

Thanks!

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If I remember right, AutoZone has one in their "help" section of the store.

Allen

mccrob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
rockauto.com has the whole line for $55,were I live you can only get it from ford and it cost $145,i'm thinking the factory ford lines are made from gold and platinum because it's not like the auto industry to overcharge for factory parts.

liteshow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Is there an Canadian equivalent to Autozone, or am I making a road trip? ;)

mccrob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
everywhere I called here in Nova scotia said you have to get it from ford,even though I'm only 45 mins from the ferry to u.s where you can get the part after market.Your best bet is to buy the part online and have it shipped,if you don't have a credit card there are other ways to pay such as an online prepaid visa(i think it's called entro pay)it's defiantly worth it,even with taxes and whatnot you will pay less than half at rockauto.com

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals