• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hot Springs or Wolf Caves

evanesce69

GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
It would be great to have a club event at a park in Texas, Oklahoma, or Arkansas.

Texas
Wolf Caves
Hidden Falls
Katemcy Rocks

Oklahoma
RMR
Green Acres

Arkansas
Hot Springs

I really wanted to make LBL but just couldn't swing it... Are any of us in the Texas, Oklahoma Arkansas areas?

my pics are too large... we need bigger photo attachment sizes...

Attachments

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Jim lives relatively close to one of the parks in Texas.

my pics are too large... we need bigger photo attachment sizes...
That takes more and more server space, which costs money. It's not normally difficult to resize pictures on most any device these days.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not very close to any of the areas mentioned, a couple months ago we drove thru Oklahoma and I kinda left with the impression it is kind of an underrated state.

evanesce69

GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I used to live in Metropolis Illinois, so LBL would have been easy. I now live in Bridge City TX, quite a bit further.

I don't have the black 93 anymore... I now have a blue 96 Ranger on 40's. I keep intending to do a build post with photos throughout the build.

evanesce69

GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Not very close to any of the areas mentioned, a couple months ago we drove thru Oklahoma and I kinda left with the impression it is kind of an underrated state.
There are a few parks in the southern part of the state, near the Texas/Oklahoma state line. RMR Rugged Mountain Ranch has Tackett Creek... that's a great trail. The only time I was there we were on the way back from Hot Springs with both front axleshafts busted... so I didn't get to ride it.

evanesce69

GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Jim lives relatively close to one of the parks in Texas.

That takes more and more server space, which costs money. It's not normally difficult to resize pictures on most any device these days.
You are right... I was posting from my phone... I could have resized from my desktop.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
i live about 5 hours south of you, down in corpus christi. the distance to any of hte meets is why i cannot ever make it, also. shoot, its 5 hours to Louisiana from my house, and thats the closest state. new mexico is10 hours and oklahoma is about 8.

we would basically need one in texas for me to be able to make it. tree ranch off road park is right by my parent's though, in leakey texas

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
You are right... I was posting from my phone... I could have resized from my desktop.
What kind of phone do you have? Here is how to do it with Samsung. Mine us an S20. So it'd not even the newest, greatest available. I'll try to remember to do a similar post with my iPhone from work later.

1. Select picture and click on the edit icon. It looks like a pencil, right between the heart and share icons.
Screenshot_20231220_092226_Gallery.jpg

Next, click the menu icon on the far right. It looks like a vertical row of dots.
Screenshot_20231220_092240_Photo Editor.jpg

Now, you have a menu option that actually says "resize".
Screenshot_20231220_092252_Photo Editor.jpg

The 40% option will work fine for most forum posts. The 60% option should also work of you want people to be able to zoom in a bit more.
Screenshot_20231220_092308_Photo Editor.jpg

At that point, save it. Then check the menu at the bottom.and you should be able to "save as copy" so that you have the new resized picture in addition to the original full-size version.

Last edited:

evanesce69

GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What kind of phone do you have? Here is how to do it with Samsung. Mine us an S20. So it'd not even the newest, greatest available. I'll try to remember to do a similar post with my iPhone from work later.

1. Select picture and click on the edit icon. It looks like a pencil, right between the heart and share icons.
View attachment 103321

Next, click the menu icon on the far right. It looks like a vertical row of dots.
View attachment 103322

Now, you have a menu option that actually says "resize".
View attachment 103323

The 40% option will work fine for most forum posts. The 60% option should also work of you want people to be able to zoom in a bit more.
View attachment 103324

At that point, save it. Then check the menu at the bottom.and you should be able to "save as copy" so that you have the new resized picture in addition to the original full-size version.

I've got a Note 20...
Thank you my friend!

evanesce69

GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i live about 5 hours south of you, down in corpus christi. the distance to any of hte meets is why i cannot ever make it, also. shoot, its 5 hours to Louisiana from my house, and thats the closest state. new mexico is10 hours and oklahoma is about 8.

we would basically need one in texas for me to be able to make it. tree ranch off road park is right by my parent's though, in leakey texas

Yeah Corpus is a ways down there. When Laura came through a few years ago the family and I evacuated to Victoria... It was supposed to hit us directly but it turned east at the last minute and hit Lake Charles. While there we went down to Corpus for dinner at Franks Spaghetti House and to pick up a generator at Home Depot... Nothing in my area had any available.

I tried looking up Trees Ranch... It says they are now closed... unless something has changed between their post in late 2021 and now.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
it probably is still closed than. i hadn't heard anyone talking about going there in a long time but i just figured since i wasn't on the jeep boards anymore, is why i didn't hear anything.

man, i haven't heard anyone mention frank's since 1999ish. when i am on that side of town i bring up to my wife about eating there and she never wants to go. said it reminds her of a gangster restaurant, ha ha ha

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I used to live in Metropolis Illinois, so LBL would have been easy. I now live in Bridge City TX, quite a bit further.

I don't have the black 93 anymore... I now have a blue 96 Ranger on 40's. I keep intending to do a build post with photos throughout the build.
What's going on in Bridge City these days

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Southeast OK has the majority of the Oklahoma hills, excepting the Wichita Mountains, much of which is Indian and Buffalo ranges, west of Lawton (which has a large base) and a few sparse places in NW and the panhandle
SE still has the most, and far as I know the best, Beaver's Bend is a very popular spot. There is also a rocky trails area about 40 miles north of here that is popular. I've never been up to it, but a cousins place where I've had many a Thanksgiving Dinner adjoins it on one side. Can't see or hear much cause the hills and heavy pine tree forests, it seems to stay rather busy

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals