• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Home video of southern MN tornado

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Usually vids snaggin footage of twisters are pretty low quality. This one isn't bad at all (vid quality). Great footage, except the house is in the path of the twister... I warn you now, you might want to keep the volume low, the daughter is extremely annoying.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1617022.shtml?cat=1

Last edited:

dp88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I would have covered here face with something..... cool vid though Im petrified of tornadoes had one come close enough to break windows out of the house when I was younger.... that was enough.

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I love them simply due to the adrenaline rush they produce. I was at work when all the activity was just north of my house although the particular cell didn't drop anything. Down south in MN was where all the serious action was.

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
:icon_rofl:. the daughter prolly explains the guys reactions. he sounds like hes doped out. it jus liek its no big deal and everything is great. its jus a tornado going over but its OK.:c-n:

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
it's not really a big deal... well it is if you don't have insurance. Nothing you can do about it, just brace yourself and take it the best you can. I can't say I'd be that calm if one took on my house... but I'd certainly be intrigued like he was with the size of it as it is coming to the house.

dp88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Dude did it just get windy in here? Oh a tornado? Its no big deal, (puff puff) everything is great.

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
tornado is a 30 second to 10 minute experience. Hurricanes however... that's a whole different story. ;)

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hurricanes arent that bad. at least with those u hav roughly a week or so to prepare for them. tornados u hav wat like 15min TOPS. worst part about a hurricane (where im at) is flooding. the wind usually dies down a bit b4 it getts inland where im at. we fight flooding at our place, but we hav 2-3" trash pumps and 1-4" trash pump to get water out of our yard/hous and across the street to the creek.:icon_thumby:

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
when i lived up in the red river valley southwest of Grand Forks ND about a half hour or so had a twister go by our farm it was about 300 yards from the grain silos that i was bout 50 ft from standing watching

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
drivin through one!

Brad and I have had one hell-uva-time doin that! we were on our way down to the junkyard in lower tioga, and saw a tornado formin, and since we were on the highway, and not paying attention to the road very much, we just drove right through it, looked back, and saw it carried away a truck and smashed it about 300 yards behind us (parked at the gas station).

still kinda marked by em.... scared too.... not very fun things to drive through now that I think of it...

EDIT:
Wonder why we did not hear it o_0????
Come to think of it.....

it was small, but arn't tornado's supposed to be very loud?

Last edited:

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
depends on how much strength there is to it. Smaller ones aren't going to roar as much as a ef-5 will

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals