• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Holy spark plugs!

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
my autozone didn't have motocraft, bosch is whats in my truck now. and the duralast wires i had on it were pretty much glowing in the dark, they're gone now too.

97ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You do realize that motorcraft plugs from autozone are the EXACT same thing as motorcraft plugs from Ford, don't you?
I think he was referring to bosch and other brands that are not Motorcraft/Autolite. I am sure he realizes that Motorcraft plugs are the same weather you buy them at Napa, Autozone, Ford, or the crack head down on the corner. :icon_twisted:

BeaterMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 4.6, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
my autozone didn't have motocraft, bosch is whats in my truck now. and the duralast wires i had on it were pretty much glowing in the dark, they're gone now too.
i personally havn't ever been a fan of bosch, aren't they more of a plug for european automakers? i just stick with the autolites for under 2 $ and have never had a problem in the 40k that they have been in my truck.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Bosch sucks, which has been discussed here many times, because they do not work well with the Ford ignition system. On other cars they work ok.
I always buy Autolite Double-Platinums at Wal-Mart.
I can see a dealer charging you $11 per plug. Lord knows they're not making any money selling cars right now.

fix_or_repair_daily

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Chevy,Satu
Engine Size
2.3, 5.7, 1.9
Transmission
Manual
For me, Bosch plugs made whatever I put them in miss worse that whatever worn out crap was in there before. My friend put them in his CJ 7 and ended up putting the old ones in till he got different ones because it missed so bad. I just stick to the cheapest autolites for ford and cheapest ac delco for GM products and I've never had an issue.
Josh

JamesC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
350 chev/3.0
I always put the plug the car came with from the factory GMs run like shit with anything but delco plugs, Fords need motorcraft/autolite and Chryslers need champions. Bosch makes good plugs, but save them for you fancy European car. I find the funny thing about Bosch is that just because its the most expensive doesn't mean its the right plug for your car.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals