• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

High to Low Level Converter?

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
What does it do? It came with my mono channel Profile amp that arrived today. Is it somthing that would help the sound of my 12" sub? The white is Right + - and the green is Left + -.

Thar she blows...

Nhaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 and a few
Make / Model
Ranger+Ranger+E
Engine Size
4.0 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
id take a wild guess and call it a coil.

I might be wrong on this but if it is a coil you feed it a signal and it filters out the range you dont want that speaker or amp attempting to produce.

so if its a high to low converter(coil) its just filters out high and mid ranges and allows more low. I dont think its exactly a coil since a coils really designed to go after the amp. this one kinda looks like its goes prior to the amp.

coils btw dont filter out ALL the other ranges they just reduce how they sound coming out of the speaker.

I can't read the label from the pic btw so as i said im wild guessing. If you could get a better pic of its wiring diagram i can make a better guess =>

Last edited:

mazdamayham

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What you have there is a speaker level to rca level convertor. What it is used for is if your radio does not have rca jack outputs you hook this up to the left and right speaker wires on the back of your radio and converts it to rca (low level) outputs to run to your amp with.

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What you have there is a speaker level to rca level convertor. What it is used for is if your radio does not have rca jack outputs you hook this up to the left and right speaker wires on the back of your radio and converts it to rca (low level) outputs to run to your amp with.
yepers:icon_thumby: i dont think you have a low pass filter integraded into that upper level converter

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
So it's only needed if I had a stock radio? That makes sence because a while back my buddy had to order an adapter to wire his amp into his stock deck through the rear speakers.

Edit: Just texted my buddy and it is exactly what he had to get. I know what it is now.

Thanks guys:icon_thumby:

Last edited:

rjppunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
they have $H!tty quality no matter how you use them. Lots of times people use em if they are too lazy to run signal cable to the trunk. In a truck though even if you're lazy it's almost as hard to tap into the read speakers as it is to run signal cable to the back. I'd only use it if you really want a stock deck... like you really really want the stock deck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals