• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heres my 02 rangers fx4 off road car fax report =)

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Gary, I know you mean well, but I''d caution against sharing something like your CarFax or Marti on public forums. Most likely you'd be ok, but there is the potential for bad actors to use that information against you.

In this case your link does not work it takes people following it to a sign-up page for CarFax, not to your report, but anyone that can see the link can see your full VIN number.

If you want to share a report like this or your Marti report I would suggest taking screenshots of the report, removing and personally identifyable informamtion, and then posting the modified screenshot.

As an example I'll post the MARTI from my 68 F-100. I took a screenshot of the sheet and edited it in paint. The only critical information here was the serial number and I blocked it out. If it had contained any of my personal information like name, address, and phone number or a license plate number as may have been found on a CarFax report, I'd have blocked out those as well.

F-100 Marti modified.png

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Gary, I know you mean well, but I''d caution against sharing something like your CarFax or Marti on public forums. Most likely you'd be ok, but there is the potential for bad actors to use that information against you.

In this case your link does not work it takes people following it to a sign-up page for CarFax, not to your report, but anyone that can see the link can see your full VIN number.

If you want to share a report like this or your Marti report I would suggest taking screenshots of the report, removing and personally identifyable informamtion, and then posting the modified screenshot.

As an example I'll post the MARTI from my 68 F-100. I took a screenshot of the sheet and edited it in paint. The only critical information here was the serial number and I blocked it out. If it had contained any of my personal information like name, address, and phone number or a license plate number as may have been found on a CarFax report, I'd have blocked out those as well.

View attachment 104882
Got any pics of that 68? I dont think ive seen it

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have edited the post to remove your vin number. While I agree you probably would be ok. With all the scammers that come across this site. I don’t want any of our members at risk.

Gary. Thank you for your help and contributions to this site. Just please be careful. Thank you.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Got any pics of that 68? I dont think ive seen it
Only good picture I can find at the moment. Chassis is 1968, dad put the 70 body on it back in the 80s when the original practically fell off from rust.

IMG_0881.jpg

At current it's mostly a rust bucket. Slowly getting some small odd and end projects done on it. Have installed a Holley Sniper on the 360, still needs proper tuning. Upgraded to front disc brakes, still trying to get those ironed out. Just replaced sticking calipers a couple weeks ago but not working well, need assistance to properly pressure bleed. Did a power window conversion last month, which will hopefully make it more comfortable to drive for more of the year until I can add AC.

Have a few more solid panels to install like a hood bed and inner fenders. Cab, fenders, and frame are pretty solid. Next few years is mostly maintaining and trying to make a decision on future drivetrain. Rebuild FE and upgrade transmission or modern drivetrain swap, kind of leaning towards modern swap for reliability, usability, and ease of maintenance (aka parts availability). Hope to have a shop built by then and really be able to get into a "restoration". Dont care about show car, but want it to look good and last another 55 years.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Only good picture I can find at the moment. Chassis is 1968, dad put the 70 body on it back in the 80s when the original practically fell off from rust.

View attachment 104948

At current it's mostly a rust bucket. Slowly getting some small odd and end projects done on it. Have installed a Holley Sniper on the 360, still needs proper tuning. Upgraded to front disc brakes, still trying to get those ironed out. Just replaced sticking calipers a couple weeks ago but not working well, need assistance to properly pressure bleed. Did a power window conversion last month, which will hopefully make it more comfortable to drive for more of the year until I can add AC.

Have a few more solid panels to install like a hood bed and inner fenders. Cab, fenders, and frame are pretty solid. Next few years is mostly maintaining and trying to make a decision on future drivetrain. Rebuild FE and upgrade transmission or modern drivetrain swap, kind of leaning towards modern swap for reliability, usability, and ease of maintenance (aka parts availability). Hope to have a shop built by then and really be able to get into a "restoration". Dont care about show car, but want it to look good and last another 55 years.
I like it...alot.

Never owned a bumpside...maybe someday

Terrys87

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Truck looks great. I am partial to a 67 just because year I was born in, but I really like the plastic grills over the metal grill, just think they look better. Cool to see you have had it in the family for quite some time. I always like seeing something that has been passed down from one generation to another.

Also like seeing something that has zillions of miles on them meaning that it was used to build memories.

I understand the more modern motor just for parts availability. I plan on building a two-wheel Dent side just because they offered it in the extended cab version. I started on one but when I got some paint stripped off of it, they had done a very bad job of replacing cab corner from the bottom to the roof. Bondo can hide a lot.

I plan on starting a full size truck build to pull a camper in a year or so. Plan on using the 302. What do you think of the Sniper System? I did not like it when fuel injection came in on 85-86 time frame. Now I really like fuel injection/throttle body over carburetor. When I get to my full size build, Holley Sniper is on the list to look at.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I plan on starting a full size truck build to pull a camper in a year or so. Plan on using the 302. What do you think of the Sniper System? I did not like it when fuel injection came in on 85-86 time frame. Now I really like fuel injection/throttle body over carburetor. When I get to my full size build, Holley Sniper is on the list to look at.
Sniper is not bad for what it is. Holley has several tiers of EFI system and like most things, the more you spend the more you get. For a basic build Sniper will do the job. If you need more inputs (nitrous, forced induction, more 02 sensors, etc) you need a higher level product.

For any of them, do not make the mistake of thinking that it is fully self learning like most people do. Yes, you can install and run it out of the box (I am), but to get the most, it needs to be tuned. Self learning will only do so much and is better for minor variations after being properly tuned.

It sounds like you want a bump side, modernized a little, and setup to pull a camper. An F-150 would work, but I would probably try to go for a F-250 for the bigger brakes and axles. If staying gas powered and pushrod SBF, I would probably opt for the 5.8 (351) over the 5.0 (302). IMO it's the better option for pulling. Since the intakes are readily available, I would probably go for port injection instead of throttle body EFI like the Sniper.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals