• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help me decide on a AR-15

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
is that a can, jester? or just a REALLY heavy barrel?

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Step 1. Get in your truck.
Step 2. Drive to the airport.
Step 3.....

:thefinger:

-Jester
he fit that entire process into 3 steps 4.0.......i think you should do it lol

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
he fit that entire process into 3 steps 4.0.......i think you should do it lol
its not quite that simple..... :icon_rofl::thefinger:
i've already ordered my lower, stripped.
gonna build it completely from a lower.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
that's what i'm gonna do, if i can stop buying shit for the bronco every 5 seconds.

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
is that a can, jester? or just a REALLY heavy barrel?
This.

It's a Noveske KX3 Flash Suppressor on(permanently attached) a White Oak Armament 13″ Stainless Steel Match Grade Barrel w/M4 Extension, chambered in .223 Wylde. Lets watch a couple of videos and ponder why the BATF FTB classifies it as a Flash Suppressor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grxMh8fcuaQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saj7O_D4Xls&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdVGfWF0nWw&feature=related

:icon_confused:
It's real obnoxious on the shorter barreled guns, on my 13" it's not quite that bad.

-Jester

Last edited:

mud junky

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L/4.0SOHC
Transmission
Manual

tgallmey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a Bushmaster ORC and its a low end rifle only $800 lol that was for a gun without sights. Colts can be found under 1k other brands that make them new for under 1k would be DPMS, Bushmaster, Olympic Arms, and I think a few others but thats all I could name off the top of my head. ARs are worse than Crack Ive tried it all. I ran crappy Red dot sight and it sucked went to crap UTG iron sights and it sucked. Finally spent money on a good sight EOtech 552? Idr it was the one that was nightvision capable, and it was ok but only out 50 yds lol so $500 for an optic thats only good out to 50 yds. now Im just rocking a 4x scope which I havnt sighted in yet so im not sure if I like it. My rifle is a 16" HBAR and that makes it sort of barrel heavy IMO. I think my next expensive piece for it will be a 10.5" or 12.5" Barrel upper (with proper paperwork) cause the balance of it is terrible. I had a Vertical foregrip on it and it made it worse basically. Im also gonna replace the factory 6 position stock cause I dont like it maybe go to a MODstock. Those Slide fire stocks are just silly I try to have it as a practical weapon (though in Indiana its not :/) If I was to buy an AR all over again Id get a plain A2 style with a 1:9 twist barrel that will digest both 5.55 NATO and .223 as I like the heavier 62gr rounds. I prefer a simple set up Thats why if I had to grab any of my "assault rifles" in my collection it would be my AK74. My High quality AK will do everything my M4 can IMO with how I set my weapons up (simple) and in the same price range and 5.45x39 ammo is cheaper. If your set on a AR get the best you can afford, 10 proper Mags minimum, Proper ammo depending on your barrels twist rate. If your wanting a Coyote gun Id go for a longer match barreled gun with a good quality scope and rings. Be prepared to spend money cause if its cheap for an AR odds are its junk.

86XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'86
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i have a Panther Arms(DPMS) 16" chrome lined heavy barrel with floating hand guard in 5.56NATO and paid $1200 and love it... my buddy has an A2 colt that is nice but i like mine better. i also have the S&W M&P 15-22 that i use for target most of the time cause its only 2cents a shot and feels just like my full size ar

Last edited:

86XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'86
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ohh yeah if you want a real long range ar then save your money and get a Les Bear...but it will cost around $4k

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals