• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help identifying dash light type (Pics)

Sweersa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Automatic
I just replaced the 6 GE 194 lamps for my dashboard as a few were dead and the others were on their way.

The light that illuminates the head light selector switch options (off, parking ambers, and on) was also dead. When I took apart the assembly I noticed it is not a 194, but something else. I'm not sure what type of light this is, so I posted some pictures below:

If you know what this is called, and where I can get a replacement, please let me know! It would be nice to have that part illuminated again. I can't remember a time when it was working. I bought the truck used years ago.

Thank you in advance!

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I see what are probably just the wires from the bulb wrapped over that plastic base (not too differently from the bulbs used on a set of miniature christmas lights).

Maybe a bulb something like this would work? (just guessing, not sure the size of it. Needs a penny or quarter next to it)

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/LP-23/14V-40MA-T-1-3MM-LAMP/1.html

Of course you should be able to get one at a Ford dealer too. Not sure what they'd charge though, it could be surprisingly cheap or expensive. I've seen enough items for pretty cheap at a dealer it's certainly worth stopping by one and asking.

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
I believe that is an 1815, or some number close. Try at carquest. That is where I got one.

Sweersa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the information guys! I ended up buying a green LED version from a guy from another ranger site sells.

I figure since it's LED the light will probably outlast the truck!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals