• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HELP Finding a Thing-a- Ma Jig

FattCracker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4 XLT
Transmission
Automatic
It has been a Minute...but I have Swapped a Automatic from my 1987 4X4 SLT to a fm145.. Thank You Baby Jesus.. I actually got to Drive around for 5 months before the Slave took a dump (FYI The fm145 and 146 You MUST remove Trans at Motor to change Slave or Release Bearing) the MOD5 is Different and Better in this respect. This isn't Mentioned anywhere in the "Transmission Swap Pages" Yes it would affect the Decision of which Trans to Use.. New Slave and she's back in and wouldn't you know I broke a piece on the Install.. This little POS of Plastic that goes on the Transfer case Shifter (pictures).. Anyone got a Clue as to what it's called, Part Number, Where in Heavens to Betsy I can Find one, a reasonable Work around? I'm game... I'll try anything Once and Twice if I get Hurt, Slapped, Spit On or Cussed at.. I'm Open to ANY and All Suggestions, even those that are of the Physically Improbable..

Attachments

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
is that some type of insulator/isolator bushing? like the shift linkage just sits in it so it doesn't wear against a metal housing? or does something slide through it?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
That's the shifter bushing, I think mine's in worse shape than that and works fine, just put the most intact flap towards the transfer case so it can't fall out...

DRanger024

Supporting Member
Solid Axle Swap
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6-7” front maybe 3” rear
Total Drop
Tire Size
33x12.50-15
I made my own out of a piece of nylon. It only has a flange on one side and has never been an issue. Do like Scott said and you’re back in business.

FattCracker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4 XLT
Transmission
Automatic
That's the shifter bushing, I think mine's in worse shape than that and works fine, just put the most intact flap towards the transfer case so it can't fall out...
Jiminy Christmas... This thing is Trashed and your's is worse? Ima Pray for you Cousin... Shifter Bushing you say... Hmmm ... I'm on the Hunt... Thanks

CamTheHedgehog

ASE Certified Tech
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Torsion Bar Max Crank (Pre-2008)
Tire Size
265/75/16
My credo
Professional Dingus At Work
That appears to be a shifter bushing- do they not sell shifter rebuild kits for the Gen I Rangers?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Those flanges are not load bearing, they literally just hold the bushing on the shift fork for the transfer case. In all the years I've been here I think I remember them being available once but I forgot where and there's been a lot of people looking for them. The only load bearing part of the bushing is the square part. I really wouldn't worry too much about it as long as it stays in place...

I actually don't remember what shape my bushing is in, I had the T case off this year but I wasn't paying attention to it... it could be complete, not curious enough to look.

lowspeedpursuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Sits on the t-case shift shaft arm to accept the shifter linkage? The available iteration of the BW1354 part is 3L5Z-7335-AA. Close enough to work on the 1350, I'm not sure, but it looks similar enough.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals