• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HELP! 95 ranger 351W swap.

joe44510

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So awhile back me and a buddy of mine decided we were gonna swap an 83 windsor into my 95 ranger after a bad mudding incident that lead to a seriously messed up motor. So far we have the new 351W redone. The block has been bored and milled so the whole 9 yards and 3k ish into it with parts and the local machine shop labor. So as of today we have a 3 inch lift on the ranger and the old motor and tranny out. We have a 4 speed manual transmission from a late 80's mid 90's f150. and thats about it. any sort of help recommendations would be highly appreciated. Help with mounting and all that would be nice.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Use the search button. Your questions are not precise enough to know what you need help with. Mounts are pretty straight forward, so is the fuel system...

SVT

joe44510

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok so for more precise. Basically what I am asking is for recommendations or any art of situations othe people have encountered and how they solved it so that way if I encounter it I will have some answers. As for the motor mounts we are building our own so my question with that would be how to properly position it so it fits snugly in the engine campartment. And stuff like that.

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
Your answers are here:
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Sarcasm aside, I would recommend reading a few build threads to reduce the surprises.
Example: Dual sump pan, may have to trim the crossmember ever so slightly to remove the drain plug if using Mustang mounts.
That assumes you have a 4wd truck.

Last edited:

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
And you are going to be stuck using random manifolds or custom headers. I don't know how much performance you have into the thing but if you are trying to get any from it be sure not to botch the headers up. Any fullsize t-case will bolt up to it, look for a NP205 or 208 they will fit best. It's not much different than a 302 swap. The exhaust is the main problem.

Matt

joe44510

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The manifolds are from a Continental cant afford custom headers right now unfortunately. As for performance I have it bored 30 over, stock pistons, balanced crank shaft, edelbrock performer rpm cam shaft, the deck and block milled, edelbrock performer intake, Holley truck avenger off road carb, msd distributed and plug wires, spectre air filter. That's all I can think of off the top of my head righ now. We already have a t case and tranny just had to modify the original cross member to fit the tranny on there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals