• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Helluva week...

partsguy84823

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So, I woke up Wednesday morning, to see my pass. side mirror torn off. I have the electric mirrors that fold in, and the bracket is still on the door with the wires sticking out, but the mirror assembly is no where to be found. My fiance had been parked next to me (on my pass. side) that night, so I know it wasn't a car. Started looking around the parking lot of my apartment, and there are at least 10 other cars in the same condition...:annoyed:.

Moving on, so on my way to work, my truck started doing the climbing idle thing it's been known for, so I stop at the parts store to get a can of carb cleaner to clean my IAC because I'm too cheap to replace the thing, reach behind my seat to grab my tools, and the back of my cab is soaked (it had been raining all day). The headliner is wet all along the top of the back window, so now I have a leak to track down too.

Saturday I got some lunch, and started driving to look at a PSD F250 I had seen online (not more than a mile from the Chipotle I was eating at), on my way I got caught in a speed trap. I got clocked doing 47 in a 35. The speed limit dropped from 55 to 35 entering a construction zone, and the cop tells me that he clocked me about 200ft past the sign. (I was slowing down). I know I should have been down to the limit by the time I hit the sign... but it still annoys me a little. I haven't ever had a speeding ticket, and I haven't been pulled over in 8 years, so I guess I am due.

Anyway, just wanted to vent a bit...

aaron_ariens

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Ouch. Rough man.
I hope things get better soon.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
I know that issue my Nine-Eight has a little nasty leak along the back window somewhere too. Shame about the mirror, some people are just asshats.

mini274

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i got the month for you started out half way decent then get the truck hauld from tn to indiana where i currently live from my parents get in it fire it up run down the road and then... dead nothin so i trace... some wat of your prob but a little worse water all over the ecm... 110 bucks later new ecm still nothin track some more ... wires at the back of the motor burnt in 2 so thats the truck now was living with my gf fam where we just moved here so we find an appartment decide to get it but wait she hes over drafted my bank account 600 bucks... so the lovely parents send me money for that.... now the last thing... i work for her uncle farming.. before i left tn i picked up a 94 tempo for 10 bucks with only 70 thousand on it couple of things wrong but nothing major... i park in my normal spot where i have been for 2 months start haulin loads of soy beans come back after the 3rd load and wat do i find the tempo has been monster trucked by a tractor and grain cart so hows that for a month so now no cars of my own just a gas guuzlin chevy that her uncle has loan me for the time being

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
That leak is definitely coming from the third brake light. It's a pretty common problem.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals