• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello from PA

14TR

Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Manual
Hi all. I have an 87 Bronco II that has been setup for off-road racing (EC4WDA if anyone is familiar). My friends have raced that style of racing with their Jeeps etc for 30-40 years and I have on and off usually just using one of their racers. My one buddy had this bronco setup about 15 years ago. It’s the 2.9 and FM145. It wasn’t very competitive but not terrible. Any way he offered for me to use it over a decade ago and I had decided to swap in a 2.3 turbo out of an 1988 turbocoupe. I bought two of them that were rusty but good running back then. I had pulled the engine and trans from the better running car at the time and it sat at the back of his shop this entire time. Career change, marriage, kids, etc got in the way and I’m finally ready to get going on this swap. I’ll start a thread for the project once I make enough headway that it’s worth the read. I have the engine and Bronco and will be running it from a megasquirt. I picked up a 2.3 to FM145/146 bellhousing off another forum member here in the last few days. I’ll be reaching out to you guys for advice on several things I’m sure, especially suspension and stability lol. Thanks

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Welcome!

I for one, would really like to see a B2 turbo 2.3 build.

14TR

Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Manual
I can’t promise it’ll happen quickly, but it will happen! Will probably be a decent guideline but not a step by step since this vehicle is a racer so no concern for A/C, not using the EEC-IV, no glass, no interior to speak of, exhaust will be little more than a 2 foot long down pipe, etc

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals