• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello and TRS Ranger Found

Pacman88

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I guess I'll finally introduce myself. I'm Phil, live in the Dayton, OH area. I usually lurk as I don't yet have a Ranger as of yet. I need to sell my daily Infiniti G20t (anyone needing a good conditioned, mechanic owned 28-30 MPG 5-Spd. daily?) but am serious about the purchase of one.

Originally from NorCal and grew up around Toyota's (Toyota Master Tech), I would wheel/crawl my T100 (now in the possession of my parents). I know those trucks very well, but have grown into wanting a Ranger/B-Series as the initial cost, maintenance/parts prices, and capability is impressive.

I won't be posting too much since I'm Ranger-less and still learning these trucks, but wanted to share that I found the TRS Project Build truck for sale; I knew it looked familiar! It should go to someone on here (as I don't have the money for something in that range). Here's the link: http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5650286860.html

Keep building them the way you guys do so I can learn as much as I can before picking one up. If anyone has questions, wants to see the T100, or anything, let me know. Until then, hello!

-Phil

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Welcome Phil!

Funny you should quote 88_Eddie...lol...haven't seen him around lately...anyway...I hope you find what you are looking for in a Ranger...can't say I've ever owned a Toyota but came close to buying one of those Land Cruisers years ago...

I'm sure you will find the Ranger is fun to work on and drive though...maybe take one out for a test drive if you can...it might help you decide what you want...I know they all handle similarly but I took a 4x4 4.0 for a test run a few years ago and actually didn't like the feel of the truck for some reason...maybe it was too "tight" compared to my old 88 rattle can...but it just had that "EWWWWW" feeling about it...:)

Victorymike18

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
N/A
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to the forum. Actually, can you post up a pic or two of the G20t ? Is it a P10 or P11? I've always been a fan of those, and I know the 5-speed "t" cars are very well regarded and not all that common.

I completely agree about the buy-in price point for Rangers vs. a Toyota. The Toyota will have a better reputation on reliability and they command a premium. Rangers really are good and capabable little trucks with a great aftermarket and support network. And they are everywhere, so used parts sourcing is generally not a problem.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals