• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Helga, My 88 B2 Build...

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The tires will most likely rub on the bottom 1 1/2 inches of the fender. I know i had the same problem with mine, how wide are you rims?

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
The tires will most likely rub on the bottom 1 1/2 inches of the fender. I know i had the same problem with mine, how wide are you rims?
Where will they rub now?? I've flexed it out and no rub anywhere. They're 7" rims.

Thanks for the tip Loanranger, I don't really see myself spinning them at full stuff but I'll keep it in mind!

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
Where will they rub now?? I've flexed it out and no rub anywhere. They're 7" rims.

Thanks for the tip Loanranger, I don't really see myself spinning them at full stuff but I'll keep it in mind!
No problem man, I know how it feels to lay down cash on some tires, and then gouge them up. It sucks. :pissedoff: Those look really good on your rig, and I'm sure you'll love the traction. I've got the same tires on Fordzuki, and ran them at 3-5 pounds for the first few trips out, then once the sidewalls started flexing, I ran them up to 10 pounds. 10 lbs seems to be about the right pressure to keep your diff clearance, but still let the tires wrap around rocks and stuff. This is on a 1500 lb rig though, so you might want to go for 12 or a little more once the sidewalls break in.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
No problem man, I know how it feels to lay down cash on some tires, and then gouge them up. It sucks. :pissedoff: Those look really good on your rig, and I'm sure you'll love the traction. I've got the same tires on Fordzuki, and ran them at 3-5 pounds for the first few trips out, then once the sidewalls started flexing, I ran them up to 10 pounds. 10 lbs seems to be about the right pressure to keep your diff clearance, but still let the tires wrap around rocks and stuff. This is on a 1500 lb rig though, so you might want to go for 12 or a little more once the sidewalls break in.

Hell, with my 33" procomp, Sombody let all the air out of them at my school (don't you hate punks?...) and there was maybe 2 psi in them and it hardly looked like they were low... I'm not joking either. I didn't notice it untill I got home (only a mile from school to my house at 25mph)

I need onboard air, it would be so nice to air down the tires and or fill a flat etc. Sounds like a summer project!

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

My bad, i didn't take into consideration you had 7" rims, the 2.9 still have power?

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
the 2.9 still have power?
Nah, it's a pig with the 34s.
I bought a Lincoln MIG welder last week. I'm reworking my front bumper to accept my Warn winch. I also plan on sliders too.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Got my winch mounted up. Needs more welds on the back side but I ran outta wire. I also added large mounting plates that bolt to the side of the frame rails instead of the wimpy tabs that bolt in the stock location.

My welder.

Last edited:

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
Looks good. :icon_thumby: I'm thinking I'll probably do something like that to the sides of my dads sometime soon. Just built the winch cradle for now, but I've always liked that style of bumper.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
looks good,how much did the front squat?

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I don't think it really made it squat hardly at all, I'd guess the winch weighs less than 70LBs, but man the winch combined with the bumper is one heavy SOB to lift in place. My camber was a hair positive, if anything it helped with that.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
the stiff stock springs are good for something i guess,now we both need to work on getting some good recovery pics with the swampers on:icon_cheers:

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I've got 3" duff brackets and coils for up front but those will prolly wait a while. I hooked up the winch and spooled the cable out and respooled it all nice and neat so no more birds nest shit.

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've got 3" duff brackets and coils for up front but those will prolly wait a while.
I'm thinking a look alike of stumpy?:icon_idea:

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Pulled the bumper off yesterday and got all the welding on the back side finished up and added light tabs to the top tube.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals