• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

GT Grant Steering Wheel Help

03Fx4MN

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I was looking at getting a GT Grant steering wheel for my 2003 fx4 I know Id lose the airbag and the cruise. The guy at O'reilys said I may not be able to start the truck if the air bag goes off on accident until I get a new airbag hooked up can any one shed some light on this subject????

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
i think he's talking out his ass. i was in my friend's 04 and we hit a jump and the airbags went off, let the smoke clear and cut the bag before we kept going.

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i think he's talking out his ass
not entirely. some car manufacturers have done that, or at least they use a 'limp mode' until the airbag is fixed. Taking it out doesn't do any better in those instances because the sensors in the steering wheel do their thing and then you're definitely screwed. All that considered..the ranger's might not have that, or they might..from year to year or something it just could be different.

rangertoy

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Solid Axle Swap
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6?
Tire Size
another thing to think about is that in the event of an accident, if your insurer finds out that you have tampered with the airbags they probably will not pay for your truck, your medical, and possibly the other driver/vehicle involved.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals