• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Got a NEW truck...

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
I'm pretty sure a PSD will be my next truck... It'll be a few years off though :sad:

Looks fun!

bduke23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Awesome truck! I think I saw you driving around town today in it too..

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
hey thanks boys. Its definitely an adjustment coming from the ranger. Any other noteworthy problems I should look out for or anticipate?

It only has 187 000 km, funny thing to say, but this is the vehicle with the lowest mileage that I have ever owned.

Clay Lorance

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Nice truck Nathan, the old 7.3L Powerstrokes are hard to beat. I like it!:icon_thumby::icon_cheers:

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Man, I just gotta fix everything for you this week. :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
:thefinger::thefinger: It's a song, so I was actually correct because I was using the correct words to it... :icon_twisted::icon_rofl:

hey thanks boys. Its definitely an adjustment coming from the ranger. Any other noteworthy problems I should look out for or anticipate?

It only has 187 000 km, funny thing to say, but this is the vehicle with the lowest mileage that I have ever owned.
There honestly isn't much to worry about to be honest... My dad's F350 just rolled over 141,000mi. with no problems at all with it. I'm sure you now this, but you need to plug it in quite frequently, whenever possible, ours was pretty cold blooded, especially until we put new plugs in, it isn't bad now, but if its pretty cold and it isn't plugged in, its quite unhappy.

You should be careful about recalls IMO. Join a powerstroke forum and keep updated on that stuff. My dad's work has a F550 that they took in for the same recall our F350 got, and it completely f*cked the computer system of the F550 up, so we never took it in... it took them a couple weeks of it being in the shop to get it back to normal. We just got a recall a couple days ago about some speed sensor too...

98RedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My dad has 280k on his 2001 7.3. He hasn't had any problems besides an O-ring failing on the oil pump. Other than that kind of stuff the 7.3's are solid.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Bump from hell! I didn't know you went from looking to owning, Nate. Same thing I said before, that's one wicked truck man.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
There is a gallery for oil for the injection pump that tends to coke up and get clogged, IIRC it has a drain in the front cover, and it should get done probably once a year under heavy use.... as most never get it done until it starts causing grief.

Best advice has been given already, check the forums for powerstrokes specifically and find out what ya need to do as far as regular maintenance and upgrades.

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
Hey thanks Andrew and Mike. Ive had the truck for a while now, its a lot of fun. Sure do miss my ranger though. Ill build another one when I have the time. Everything is SOO much bigger, I did an oil change the other day, and to say the least 15 litres of synthetic Rotella is not cheap. The bloody filter held 2 litres lol.

Im going to be building bumpers front/rear, and a trick headache rack/roof rack this summer. It will also be getting winches front and rear.

It will be called project Ultimate Tow Rig....stay tuned......

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Man, I don't know even know how I missed this thread! You went from one bad ass truck to another bad ass truck.

Its amazing to drive, shifting it is just like a semi..after you get going, forget about the clutch.
Oh, and when I drive a tractor trailer, I always double clutch. :D

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
thats crazy dude, like my dream truck. love it

pontiacfieroguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, rip1988
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl, rip 2.9v6
Transmission
Manual
killer truck man. i miss driving a turbo disel for work.

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
Hey thanks Andrew and Mike. Ive had the truck for a while now, its a lot of fun. Sure do miss my ranger though. Ill build another one when I have the time. Everything is SOO much bigger, I did an oil change the other day, and to say the least 15 litres of synthetic Rotella is not cheap. The bloody filter held 2 litres lol.

Im going to be building bumpers front/rear, and a trick headache rack/roof rack this summer. It will also be getting winches front and rear.

It will be called project Ultimate Tow Rig....stay tuned......
Will be a Sweet Tow Rig , but i think i have the Ultimate Tow Rig , 97 F350 7.3 5-Speed 4x4 Dually with a Service Body :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Oh, and when I drive a tractor trailer, I always double clutch. :D
The guy from Eaton that came to give a guest lecture for my class says that Double Clutching is the proper way to shift , Speed Shifting has the highly likely outcome of blowing sliding Clutches , not immediatley , but eventually , That slight tug you feel pulling it out of gear is excess strain on the sliding clutch

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The guy from Eaton that came to give a guest lecture for my class says that Double Clutching is the proper way to shift , Speed Shifting has the highly likely outcome of blowing sliding Clutches , not immediatley , but eventually , That slight tug you feel pulling it out of gear is excess strain on the sliding clutch
I've never even learned how to float gears. I got the hang of double clutching quickly.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals