• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

good week...

linuxman2003

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
so ya know... nothing new... just good week.... oh did i mention - I FINALLY GOT A FREAKIN APARTMENT!? :yahoo: Moving out friday if all goes well :D

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
good.....finaly had it with the parents?...and whats with this i see 92 honda?....gee dude..i know you were havin problems with your ranger...but...oh never mind i will shut up

ZSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
How much is a decent appartment in your area?

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
550 in my area...go 30 miles south it is 950....gee living cast to much

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I pay 840 for a 3 bedroom 2 bath house 2 car garage full basement and 2 fireplaces on 1/2 acre......... in a quiet area.......... 1 block from the university so I get to see all the hottie college girls out for their morning jog...............

linuxman2003

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
How much is a decent appartment in your area?
The one bedroom I got runs 530 a month, with water/garbage/cable paid. Electricity is about 100 a month (so im told) and internet is going to be about 45 a month. not too terribly bad I guess... as far as the honda, yeah I got fed up with the ranger always shuddering and shaking going down the highway, so I got something with a little more pep to it. :) It also holds the road soooo much better, this thing cruises at 95 like my truck did at 45. (not that i cruise at 95...... :D )

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
My pal's dad has a prelude and hot damn, I do enjoy that car. Some people drive their trucks like a sports car, he drives his sports car like a motorcycle. Right on with the apartment. We're payin 850 for a 2 story with finished basement, 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, gas, power, garbage. 40 for cable and 40 for internet. But all that isn't bad between 4 guys

4Banger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Right on with the appt. Man I wish it was that cheep around were I am. 595 for a 1 bedroom on the third floor. Only thing I get is heat hot water and trash removal. Even has a small gravel driveway about as long as my truck so it makes working on things really nice. Right on main street to so i can hear all the idiots drag racing through town and burning their tires. Don't mind it during the day but at night it sucks. Could be wurse i guess but when you live in the country you would think things would be cheeper.

SuperRob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I pay 1000 a month for everything including cable and cable internet, and hydro. We dont pay any water usage, or any heat or hot water...

Oh yeah, this is a shitty 2 bedroom apartment in Victoria BC....where 2 weeks ago the cheapest house on the market was a real piece of shit with no property for 329,000.....

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
We pay about $900 mortgage and $300 on the insurance and tax escrow. That comes with a 3-bedroom, 1400 sqft shack with a 2.5 car attached garage and a barn and a 186ft tall hill with lots of woods and 4-wheeler trails for the kids--in rural Brown County Indiana where you can set off explosives if you so choose--it's just impolite to do it while your distant neighbors are setting off theirs because they won't get full enjoyment of the rumbling echoes through the hills.

I grew up in apartments and duplexes and small, economicly depleted midwestern towns with straw insulation in rattley windowed houses. I'd have killed to be raised where my 4 kids are being raised. But they don't know shit and bitch and moan all the time.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My rent is free- got the house paid for back in 1997. 1614 square foot 3 bdrm 2 1/2 bath 2 car garage on 5 acres and totally private. Water is free until my well breaks and it hasn't yet. Trash free too, my g/f lets me dump it at her house in the city! :clapping:

The taxes don't quit tho, nor insurance. Tax is about $2600 a year (on tax value 187K) so over $215 a month in stupid tax... and because I'm in the woods the insurance is another $700. Utilities, etc- no wonder I don't have any money left.

but congrats on the apt!! No more renting motels or woodsey hideaways for "encounters".

Last edited:

BOSS302Man

Reaction score
Engine Size
4.0 overhead x
Buying a house is always the way go, as long as you don't go over your head or take out a mortgage over 20-25 years. Over that, you'll be paying WAY too much in interest and will lose your butt when it comes time to sell.

Have had my house paid for since about 1992.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you got on the 6% bandwagon lately, there's no reason not to take out a 30 year mortgage. If you were staring at a 19% mortgage in 1979 or whatever, then yeah.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
glad you're having a good week! Mine has sucked royally for the most part.

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
The taxes don't quit tho, nor insurance. Tax is about $2600 a year (on tax value 187K) so over $215 a month in stupid tax... and because I'm in the woods the insurance is another $700. Utilities, etc- no wonder I don't have any money left.
That's about what I pay here in NY.

Then again, I paid cash for my house. :icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals