• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Good sounding replacement horn?

OmariDowns

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Hey! Dealing with a pitiful horn situation, huh? I get it! For a good replacement, you might want to check out horns that pack a punch without going full "smart car tooter." Any specific sound you're aiming for? And hey, ever considered the DeWalt Train Horn Gun for a unique twist? Just a thought!

Last edited:

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hey! Dealing with a pitiful horn situation, huh? I get it! For a good replacement, you might want to check out horns that pack a punch without going full "smart car tooter.
AA442BA0-8B3C-4273-AC2B-3A7561D4405E.jpeg

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
A fella I worked offshore with back in the 80s kept telling me to stop by there and see his place, he had 40 acres in the East Texas woods near Lufkin.

He was a motorman on our drilling rig and took care of the motors and such, also had to order the things they needed and tally most everything that came in with rig supplies, they used to joke about him always going home with a bigger bag than he got there with.

I decided to stop by there one time when I was already going that way and nobody was around outside, I honked a couple times, I always do in the country.
I walked up to the door and pushed the doorbell, but it was not a door bell I had rang, but a long LOUD low ships fog horn sounded from top of the barn!

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
What year and model of Mercedes? My 85 had a pittliful thing that sounded like the roadrunner.
Sorry so late . . .
IIRC it was an Early 90's 300 SE. It was a dual horn set up, but I only used one on my D21

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals