• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Gonna build a Ranger preRunner

fmxfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 banger
Transmission
Manual
lol, same situation man, junior in highschool working at little caesars... haha. but race-dezert and dezertrangers classifieds is the best way to go for parts.. and using stock shock location in the rear for now is def. a cheaper route instead of long travel. bilstein shocks are good for that... jus look through the tech library on how to beef up your suspension for pretty cheap. and for some badass rims for really cheap go to www.quadratec.com its for jeeps and stuff but jeep cherokees use the same lug pattern and everything as a ford ranger. jus a few tips :icon_cheers:

Jake1

Reaction score
Its tough definitly hard. I will look into those shocks and rims.
Are these the shocks. Shocks Front shocks I

yes, this sport is not cheap at all. Unless you can fab alot of the parts you will be payin a chunk of change for some else that has built the parts. From what you are talkin about doin with your truck you wont need to drop alot into the suspension. if you dont romp it super hard a simple bent beam lift kit would be perfect for you. Fenders, tires, wheels and front a rear bumpers will get you the look you want as well
YA this would be better for me. What is a bent beam lift kit?

Last edited:

dave@threat

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
This is what im thinking of getting I think a 4 inch lift would look right for a pre runner looking truck.
Any good?
skyJacker suspesnion lift
For the love of god NO! Your truck will end up looking like a pre-crawler! A bent beam kit from Autofab would be perfect. A bent beam kit is basically stock beams with added bends to them to correct the camber for the 4" coil springs, some modified radius arms, Bilstien 5100 shocks, and extended brake lines. Its nice and simple, strong and affordable...plus you wont have to look at some cheesy red drop down kit that sticks out like a sore thumb and performs about as good as a fat chick on a trampoline! :D

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I agree.... Id like to one day afford a kit for you guys.... But an extended bent beam might be up my alley....

Jake, just because a truck have a lift doesent mean its a "prerunner" or "prerunner style".

~Shawn

Jake1

Reaction score
For the love of god NO! Your truck will end up looking like a pre-crawler! A bent beam kit from Autofab would be perfect. A bent beam kit is basically stock beams with added bends to them to correct the camber for the 4" coil springs, some modified radius arms, Bilstien 5100 shocks, and extended brake lines. Its nice and simple, strong and affordable...plus you wont have to look at some cheesy red drop down kit that sticks out like a sore thumb and performs about as good as a fat chick on a trampoline! :D
Ok lol I wont get that. I just looked at auto fab but couldnt find a bent beam kit for a 4wd Ranger

I agree.... Id like to one day afford a kit for you guys.... But an extended bent beam might be up my alley....

Jake, just because a truck have a lift doesent mean its a "prerunner" or "prerunner style".

~Shawn
I know I never said lifting a truck makes it a pre runner pre runenrs are totaly difrent imo and there much cooler

Last edited:

fmxfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 banger
Transmission
Manual
bent beams.... get them used! dezertrangers or race-dezert.com classifieds. people parting out theyre old suspension and they sell it for cheap.

~Shawn
thats not all thats involved but definately a step in the right direction. withough long travel coilovers in the front, a lift with some decent shocks is where to start on a budget.

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok lol I wont get that. I just looked at auto fab but couldnt find a bent beam kit for a 4wd Ranger

I know I never said lifting a truck makes it a pre runner pre runenrs are totaly difrent imo and there much cooler
and you probably never will lol. you can not get a bent beam kit for a 4wd. I thought you said you were gunna go with a 2wd???

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oh lol. No I am going 4wd definitely.
well get ready to spend some big money then (as compared to the 2wd stuff). it will not be a very cheap venture

Jake1

Reaction score
I know its going to cost more unfortunately.

the raptor guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
hello people.

hey. i have a ford ranger 2001 edge that i have been wanting to build for a long time now. so now i have this honda 400ex atv the i have stuck alot of money into and i now want to trade it for the part's i need. im called the raptor guy becouse i have found a way to make my truck look like a ford svt raptor. and now i must make it handle like one. and jump like one to. so if you know any one who whould want to make all my parts for me ill give them my quad as payment. and just so you know this thing is full race ready. 440 kit long trav suspenchion gripper seat. good shocks the hole 9 yards. i know how to build things but i just dont have the tools like i ust to. nor the meatle. so hit me up if you whould like to work/barter for the quad.
stubbs@goldenvalleycable.com

and please no hate mail.
rock on ranger fan's :icon_hornsup:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals