• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Global Ranger revisited - again

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Well, they just need to bring it back in the first place.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I like the look of the ext cab more than the crew cab...

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I see now why you asked. But I will say I do like the look of the 2015 Colorado, especially the Z71. I think it's going to sell well, I give Chevy kudos for bringing it back into the market unlike Ford. But what annoys me is that they don't listen, they think there so great and perfect in every way. Like the new Mustang, people don't like it, people have said numerous times they don't like it, what does Ford do? Make it anyways. People want the Ranger back, what does Ford do? Lie to them and ignore them. Sooner or later this arrogance is going to lead to there downfall.

Last edited:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I would take the new designed ranger if they build it over the 2015 designs of the Dodge Ram 1500 and the Dodge Dakota.

2015 Ford Ranger

2015 Dodge Ram 1500

2015 Dodge Dakota

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Lol. Do you honestly think those are what the dodge offerings will look like? If so, you're insane.

As for ford not bringing back the ranger, it's a smart move. It's not about what people on the Internet say they want. It's about what sells, and what makes money. Ford knows it wouldn't sell well enough vs the F150 to make it financially smart to do.

As for the Chevy selling well, we will see. I think initially it will, but it will fizzle out after the novelty wears off.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Lol. Do you honestly think those are what the dodge offerings will look like? If so, you're insane.

As for ford not bringing back the ranger, it's a smart move. It's not about what people on the Internet say they want. It's about what sells, and what makes money. Ford knows it wouldn't sell well enough vs the F150 to make it financially smart to do.

As for the Chevy selling well, we will see. I think initially it will, but it will fizzle out after the novelty wears off.
But the Ranger did sell well! It was the F-150 that didn't, as for Dodge, there just a bunch of monkeys over there anyways.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Lol what.... The f150 has been the best selling truck for what, 40 years in a row now? How is that not selling well....

Have you see the size of the new GM "small" truck? It's not much smaller than the fullsizes. And for the price tag, you're way better off buying the fullsize. Which ford knows.

Like I said, I think once the novelty of "omg a new diesel truck that's not a 3/4 ton or bigger" wears off an people realize diesels aren't some magical thing like they do, it's sales will dwindle a lot. Especially with modern day diesels and all their restrictions. Not worth it in my books. I wouldn't buy a new diesel truck. I'd buy an older one that didn't have all this crap on it.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

Ford was selling the Ranger basically unchanged for 13 years pretty sucessfully. They would have stayed #1 in sales if they would have redesigned it. It doesn't much matter. They either join the market or lose sales. I don't care that an ecoboost f150 gets good mileage. The consumer knows a small lighter pickup could/will do even better.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, it was selling well unchanged. However the cost to make a bunch of changes etc were obviously not worth it for the amount they were selling. Or they would have done it.

They're a business. The purpose of a business is to make money by selling products. If a business doesn't think a product will sell enough to return a large enough profit, they won't make it.

It's not about what the consumer wants. It's about what makes money, and what makes that money faster/better.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Yes, it was selling well unchanged. However the cost to make a bunch of changes etc were obviously not worth it for the amount they were selling. Or they would have done it.

They're a business. The purpose of a business is to make money by selling products. If a business doesn't think a product will sell enough to return a large enough profit, they won't make it.

It's not about what the consumer wants. It's about what makes money, and what makes that money faster/better.
But if the consumers get what they want, they will make money because the consumers will buy it! And sure the new Colorado may cost somewhere around a fullsize, but if it can get more mpg, you would be saving more money over time than buying the fullsize.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You guys are totally not reading my posts are you.

The people on Internet forums saying they would buy one if they brought one out do not represent all consumers. And all those people saying they would buy one, maybe half actually would.

We've all said it "I'd totally buy that if it existed" when I reality we know we wouldn't. Heck I've done it myself.

Ford knows what they're doing. They wouldn't be in business if they didn't. And they sure as hell wouldn't of survived the bailout era without taking money either.

The ranger is gone. Deal with it. It's not coming back anytime soon.

Last edited:

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
You guys are totally not reason my posts are you.

The people on Internet forums saying they would buy one if they brought one out do not represent all consumers. And all those people saying they would buy one, maybe half actually would.

We've all said it "I'd totally buy that if it existed" when I reality we know we wouldn't. Heck I've done it myself.

Ford knows what they're doing. They wouldn't be in business if they didn't. And they sure as hell wouldn't of survived the bailout era without taking money either.

The ranger is gone. Deal with it. It's not coming back anytime soon.
It's not just people on the internet, it's like my dad, he can't really afford to drive an F-150 back and forth to work everyday, so he drives and eclipse, and he really wants a truck that can get at least 30mpg, and he's already looking at the new colorado. And lets say the colorado sells amazing, why would people need to buy an F-150, when they can get a truck almost equivalent size but with more mpg. Gas prices are going to continue to get more and more expensive. It would be suicide not to compete!

Last edited:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Chances of the Colorado actually getting 30 mpg is not that great IMO. Maybe highway at 55 mph. But factor in the much higher price of diesel, the urea fluid needed, added maintenance, etc. it won't end up much cheaper. People don't think about all the factors.

If he's thinking he will buy a truck and get the same mileage as his eclipse he's mistaken.

You guys are fighting a losing argument. Because it's already done. Rangers gone. Not coming back. It's not financially smart for ford to do so. Plain and simple. Just the way it is.

I'd love to see it come back, as long as it looked decent. I'd never buy one though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals