• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

getting a 90 b2 tomorrow...excited!

85rx7_93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey guys i havent been on here for a long ass time but now im back and getting a b2 baby:thefinger:

so tell me if this is a good deal...

i currently have a 94 danger with 257,000 miles lol a 4.0 and m50d...unfortinatly the m5od is going out(chipped a few teeth off first and second and the syncros are all ****ed up) also the engine will need a rebuild because there is a broken wrist pin but it still runs pretty good its just noisey lol... but the body is good on it and it has 5 month old 31x10.50's on it.

with that being said i found a guy who will trade my ranger danger for a 90 b2 with 2.9, m50d, 147k miles on it....

the b2 needs a radiator, brake rotors, a usual tune up, tires, and maybe some paint... the truck runs great, drives great except the warped rotors. there is no rust on teh truck just a different color hood and a few dents. also the tailgate lever mechanism inside is broken...it has brand new factory exhaust...it has d35 front with automatic lockouts and 8.8 open diff rear but im not sure of ratio yet. also the interior is very clean and has all power options, but is not eddie bauer??

so basicly here it needs some work but im basicly trading a pos with bad motor and trans for a pos with good motor and trans...

what u think? if yes i am picking it up tomarrow and will post pics

85rx7_93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
also yall should know i am in college and work for oreilly auto parts so i get a new radiator for 60$, rotors for 20$ each, and a full tune up plus belts and hoses costs me like 20 bucks after discount :)

although the really sad thing about letting the ranger go is that it has a 8.8 3.73 rear end with limited slip rebuild with ford racing clutches just a few months ago :( i was thinking about swapping it out with a junkyard open carrier so i could keep my l/s but they want 300$ hahahaha NO THANKS ON THAT SHIT! lol so anyways i found aussie lockers on ebay for 200$.

my plan is to lock the rear, 4" RC lift kit, 33" all terrains, and headers on the 2.9 and thats about it :) simple but enjoyable truck

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sounds like a pretty good deal. did you pull some of the carpet up and check the floor pans? and the rc lift comes with the drop plate right? if you plan on wheeling that thing with the d35 and no modified bump stops youll put a hole through your d35 pumpkin.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like a plan, hope that 2.9 holds up for you. get the big 4.0 radiator for it.

85rx7_93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
will a 4.0 rad fit without modding?

177CIOfPureLove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Yes, did it in my 88'. You will need the lower hose off of an automatic explorer. Actually, if your current radiator, if you look at how the lower hose comes into the radiator, if its straight 90 degrees to the rad you need the other hose. if yours comes in on an angle, you have the right hose. The upper hose works no problem. There is nothing to the swap at all, only the lower hose.

85rx7_93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so to make the deal better this is what i convinced the dealership to do for me... with my discount at oreillys he bought me a radiator, wires plugs cap rotor fuel filter oil filter, thermostat belts hoses and oil and antifreeze...about 200$ worth of stuff...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals