• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Gas Gas everywhere, not a drop affordable...

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I wish I could somehow recycle the methane my son produces and run my truck on it.

Some days that kid's a walking EPA violation.

Twizzler09

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/256CI V6
Transmission
Manual
World's First Fart-Fueled Vehicle?

:dntknw:

All I know is that normal gasoline is enough to make me do nothing more than drive to and from work. Avoid hitting the streets unless its absoluetly nessecary that I go somewhere.....in which case its usually to the bank....to withdraw more funding to pay for gas.

Pretty much everything has seen price-spikes because of fuel costs, one of the harder hit categories being Food/Groceries.

reno

Reaction score
I can't believe someone here feels there is no increase in price in our groceries because they bought a little debbie for .35cents. What we used to spend for 2 weeks of groceries (around $200 -275) is now about 8 days worth. My son makes his judgements on work now (he is 16) on hours minus gas cost, and if the pay does not outweigh his expense by $10, he stays home. Lil S**t has been getting more hours since he started that. He works for a grocery store and would get called in for 2 or 3 hours, now he gets 4 - 6 hours. He said he had to reprice items in the store, he said the biggest was a $1 increase, but mainly .20 -.75 cent increases, the second time since he has been there, and that is 4 months now.

fastford04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well if u havent read some of the other 35cent lil debbie cake guys post's u'd probably understand! not to poke fingers or nuttin but i believe he's a few crayons short of crayola box!!
gas here in northeast tn. is nearing 4.00 dollars a gallon! its not been above it yet but i look for it to be maybe not by july but it will be! its jumped 50cents if not more in tha last month!

reno

Reaction score
I can't believe someone here feels there is no increase in price in our groceries because they bought a little debbie for .35cents. What we used to spend for 2 weeks of groceries (around $200 -275) is now about 8 days worth. My son makes his judgements on work now (he is 16) on hours minus gas cost, and if the pay does not outweigh his expense by $10, he stays home. Lil S**t has been getting more hours since he started that. He works for a grocery store and would get called in for 2 or 3 hours, now he gets 4 - 6 hours. He said he had to reprice items in the store, he said the biggest was a $1 increase, but mainly .20 -.75 cent increases, the second time since he has been there, and that is 4 months now.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Didn't little debbie stuff used to be like 25 cents? Seems like it used to be. I dunno.

reno

Reaction score
Didn't little debbie stuff used to be like 25 cents? Seems like it used to be. I dunno.
Some of the cakes are .25 (little tiny brownies), but honey buns and such are .35. I don't keep up with those anymore now that I have been diagnosed with Diabetes.

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
gas in portland oregon is reaching 4.20 a gallon

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Just went up to $4.19/gal for reg. unleaded here. I paid $5.98 for LL100 avgas a few days ago.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The question is what do you buy at the grocery store? I buy bottled water(gallong jugs, the stackable kind at wal-mart) and canned foods at a Buy-Lows.

I don't buy milk, I stick to canned vegetables, so for me, NO prices have not gone up. and if you're comparing todays prices with lets say ten years ago, be sure to factor in inflation!

A big reason oil and gas prices are hitting record highs is that the dollar is hitting record lows. Got it?

Oil is priced in dollars on the world market. When the dollar is weaker, foreign currencies are stronger, by definition. That means people in other countries can buy more oil for the same amount of money. So let's assume oil is $100 per barrel, and $100 is equal to 70 euros. If the euro appreciates against the dollar by 10 percent, then instead of 70 euros it will take only 63 euros to buy one barrel of oil. So that oil becomes cheaper to foreigners, and they can buy more.

As people in other countries buy more, demand rises, and it drives up the price in dollars, which, again, is how the price of oil is denominated on world markets. So in the United States it looks like the price is going up sharply, in dollars, while in other countries it's actually going up by much less or staying about the same.

So NO things don't cost "more" other than a weak dollar for a lame excuse. If you think prices are too high, then move to Canada, or to ecsape the possible NAU(north american union) do as Bill Gates did, euros baby!

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I wouldn't eat canned veggies on a regular basis...the only thing good about them is the can is recycleable...I usually stock up on frozen veggies like broccoli, peas, carrots...they're not as good as fresh, but they're better than canned...if you don't have a freezer that may be a problem though....

I went out for a loaf of bread the other day and when I saw the price of the stuff I usually buy I noticed it was almost $1 more than last december...so I guess I'll be looking at the cheaper bread for a while...

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Oh yeah, I don't buy little debbie crap anymore either...just remembered that from when I was a kid.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals