• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

FWIW I'm back!!

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
i tried the toyota scene for a while cuz my buddies are into them and i had to sell the bronco II to pay for bills. well i wheeled the toyota it was stock with the 22re and 31's. my bronco could've out wheeled it all day long so i sold it and picked up this 86 ranger supercab stx with 4" suspension 3" body lift on 33" thornbirds for $625 and drove it an hour and a half home with no radius arm bushings and sloppy tie rod ends. it had a huge rats nest in the air box i discovered once i got home. it needs a flywheel and front brakes. i haven't had a ranger yet but i liked the extra cab toyota so i decided to go this route instead of another bII. so far i've changed the rearend oil, radius arm bushings, oil, air filter and cleaned the interior up. i'll try to get more pics when i do the flywheel and i'll start a build thread

later.

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
The best part is that I sold the Toyota for $1600 so I got to spend almost $400 in parts at work! I love working on this truck too the toyota's instruction sheets all were written in funny little symbols

jhammel85

lol, funny symbols?

Awesome buy man...I really like the stance of your truck. What other plans do you have for it??

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
i wanna do the d35/8.8 swap in the nearest future, eventually SAS and 4.0L in it. I know everybody will say i'm stupid but i want a jeep 4.0 just cuz i really like how easy they are to work on and i want to take on a big project like that. it won't be for a long while though

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i sold it and picked up this 86 ranger
good move!!! :icon_thumby:

but a slowpar engine??? :nono:

well, i suppose you could sort of justify it since it was originally amc derived hahaha...

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Awesome!!! I'll give you 650 for it.

Frank

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ill give you $651 hahaha

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
zukirider21 you go to hell, and you die!!! all I have is the 650 :annoyed:

Frank

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl: hahaha that was funny as hell dude...

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
i wanna do the d35/8.8 swap in the nearest future, eventually SAS and 4.0L in it. I know everybody will say i'm stupid but i want a jeep 4.0 just cuz i really like how easy they are to work on and i want to take on a big project like that. it won't be for a long while though
if you are going to try to fit a inline 6 in there you might as well try to fit a 300? idk the difference in the actually size between the 2 engines. but a 300 in a ranger would be sweet. do inline 6s even fit in rangers?

IlovemybroncII

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Chev
For
Engine Size
350/2.9/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
I would give 652 lol

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you are going to try to fit a inline 6 in there you might as well try to fit a 300? idk the difference in the actually size between the 2 engines. but a 300 in a ranger would be sweet. do inline 6s even fit in rangers?
not to mention the 300 would be 10x as reliable as a jeep 4.0, and make a shitton more torque to boot.

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
guys, guys... she aint for sale yet. it might be if i can't get this starter issue fixed. i replaced the flywheel and clutch kit. the starter before made the same noise as ice in a blender. i changed the drive gear so i cleaned inside out with brake clean and put it back in the truck. it worked perfect about 10 to 15 times then started just spinning and make the nasty noise again. i've been told by a couple people that i need to put a ground strap directly to the starter from the frame. i also did all new battery cables. including the one on the negative from the frame to the block. i took a grinder to clean the frame contact point so its all new and shiny and clean.

just an update... so far i've done, flywheel, clutch, battery, rearend oil, motor oil, trans oil, radius arm bushings, air filter, $18 cherry bomb turbo muffler (not glasspack, sounds very good for $18)

on the list... fix starter, valve cover gaskets, repack wheel bearings and fix the slop in the steering

sorry guys but the price tag is around $1200 just for me to break even

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals