• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Funniest Repair Orders you've seen?

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have people that ask to have their battery checked because they had to be jumped off and you tell them to turn the car off and they ask you "can you get it started back?"

my freakin store is nothing but battery's!

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
I had an early 90's Camero come in for an over heating problem, the car was very high mileage, over 300 000km, and this car was from when Dex-Cool first came out. First thing I do is check the resivor, that is empty. I then pull the radiator cap to check the coolant level, only to find that it was sealed with a thick paste. I take a screwdriver and try to shove it threw the paste to see how deep it was or if it was just on the top. After i couldn't get the screwdriver down any further then 2 or 3 inches, i tried to pull the upper radiator hose off the thermostat housing, and I couldn't get it off because of the paste in the hose. After I got the go ahead to cut the hose off, I found that the paste was filling the entire cooling system. Turned out, that right when the car was new, it had a small coolant leak at the thermostat housing, and her "mechanic" husband did the fix. After the he finished with the leak, he filled it up with the regular green coolant, and added a stop leak to it. Needless to say, Dex-Cool and Green coolant have different chemical compositions and that the combination of the two, along with the glavanic reaction of the different metals in the cooling system, the cooling system started rotting away. All the way to the point where part of the cooling system had become clogged the contaminants that kept on forming in the coolant from the chemical reactions, kept on building up, to the point where it became a solid mass. She said that the car had just stared overheating, even though you could tell that it had been overhead many times before. There were major oil leaks from where the block, intake manifold and the heads had warped from the extreme heat, even the transmission bell housing was warped from the heat transfer. The warpage wasn't something that you had to measure to see, this was the point where you could see the bends. I'm amazed that the car still ran under its own powwer, let alone have the car had last that long on the original engine, with the original "long life" coolant, mixed with the wrong coolant. It was quite amazing.

CJREX

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
One of my favorites, though I didn't personally see it...

Pilot reports in his inspection log to mechanic:

"Left Rear Tire almost needs replacing."

Mechanics reply

"Almost replaced Left Rear Tire"

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I dont work in a shop but I was in line at the local napa store and the guy in front of me was trying to get the man to order an oem CARBURETOR for his 01 Dodge neon.
Maybe it's a 1901 Neon? Dodge was around, but I don't think they made FWDs yet.

badblue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I had one had a truck come in off I75 dripping coolant & oil out the exost the customer said i now i was pulling a gooseneck with two bobcats but i couldn't let a big rig pass me. So I turnd the six gun kit to 6 and floored it. 18k later and he had to refinery his truck to pay for it i had him going. had to put a long block with turbo on it.

Monty35

Reaction score
I had one had a truck come in off I75 dripping coolant & oil out the exost the customer said i now i was pulling a gooseneck with two bobcats but i couldn't let a big rig pass me. So I turnd the six gun kit to 6 and floored it. 18k later and he had to refinery his truck to pay for it i had him going. had to put a long block with turbo on it.
sorry, but what?

alaskan155

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
7.3l/4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
basically what i can tell the guy had a diesel with 2 bobcats he had on a gooseneck trailer trying to keep up with the semi trucks on the highway, he had the banks computer on it and turned it up to 6(isn't that the highest setting?) pretty sure you not suppose to do that under a load, so he ended up blowing the motor and the turbo from the sounds of it.
$18,000 later in repairs he had to refinance his truck to pay for it

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
The customer had a diesel truck and a Banks? Six Gun tuner for it. He set it to level 6 on the tuner and went full throttle. When you do that the exhaust gas tempurature goes way up. He literally burnt up his engine.

Yup, what he ^^ said.

18 kilometers later or $18,000 later?

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
I had an early 90's Camero come in for an over heating problem, the car was very high mileage, over 300 000km, and this car was from when Dex-Cool first came out. First thing I do is check the resivor, that is empty. I then pull the radiator cap to check the coolant level, only to find that it was sealed with a thick paste. I take a screwdriver and try to shove it threw the paste to see how deep it was or if it was just on the top. After i couldn't get the screwdriver down any further then 2 or 3 inches, i tried to pull the upper radiator hose off the thermostat housing, and I couldn't get it off because of the paste in the hose. After I got the go ahead to cut the hose off, I found that the paste was filling the entire cooling system. Turned out, that right when the car was new, it had a small coolant leak at the thermostat housing, and her "mechanic" husband did the fix. After the he finished with the leak, he filled it up with the regular green coolant, and added a stop leak to it. Needless to say, Dex-Cool and Green coolant have different chemical compositions and that the combination of the two, along with the glavanic reaction of the different metals in the cooling system, the cooling system started rotting away. All the way to the point where part of the cooling system had become clogged the contaminants that kept on forming in the coolant from the chemical reactions, kept on building up, to the point where it became a solid mass. She said that the car had just stared overheating, even though you could tell that it had been overhead many times before. There were major oil leaks from where the block, intake manifold and the heads had warped from the extreme heat, even the transmission bell housing was warped from the heat transfer. The warpage wasn't something that you had to measure to see, this was the point where you could see the bends. I'm amazed that the car still ran under its own powwer, let alone have the car had last that long on the original engine, with the original "long life" coolant, mixed with the wrong coolant. It was quite amazing.
dang, 305? I take it they just junked the car?

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
When i worked a a local Ford dealer I got an RO handed to me that said "Cust states car accelerates to quickly"
Turns out the an older woman traded in her Festiva for a bottom of the line Focus... The car was a dog.
You shoulda added about two accelerator springs to the linkage, that woulda fixed it.

Carlos Murphy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yes you can...

I saw a guy at the RV store ask if he could tow a 5th wheel camper trailer with his suburban.

Actually, you CAN tow a 5th wheel with ANY vehicle with a trailer hitch.

There is a two wheeled tow dolly with a 5th wheel mounted on it made just for that purpose, I've seen them advertised in RV magazines.

Ops, just saw the post and pic from Jspafford, that's the one...

Only in America can idiots live to old age.
:icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Simple_serf

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I got one the other day that said " Adjustment screw came out of slicer"...

Well, It has a big knob on the end of it, I just screwed the adjustment screw back in. Pretty simple....I told the employees about this and they were just SOOOOO amazed that all you had to do is thread it back in.

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
It was the 5.7L. The car was abandoned at the shop, after the lean came threw, we sold it for body parts and whatever we could get for it, and had it sent to the crushers, it was in bad shape.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Old people tend to lose there minds when they age.

Had one for 4 new tires. It was on a 02 Mazda Pickup, 2.8L. Got it in, it was really a 02 Nissian Frontier with a V-6. But the owner refused my correction and insisted it was a Mazda. And on top of that. He also stated that one of his alloy wheels was the spare tire. I found this hard to believe when doing math, 4x alloy wheels, 1x steel wheel. Its obvious which is truely the spare.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals