• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel Gauge Problem

RangerKid25

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Manual
i need some help with my fuel gauge. i changed almost everything i could and it still dosent work. i changed the fuel pump and sending unit, i changed the slosh module, i checked to see if the wire that goes from the sending unit to the cluster worked and it does, i bench tested the fuel gauge and it worked. the only thing i could find was the circuit board on the back of the cluster, there was no continuity between where the sending unit wire connects and the slosh module. so instead of buying a new cluster or circuit board i jumperd the connection by soldering a wire from the yellow wire in the harness to the slosh module which should have by-passed the bad connection on the circuit board. now when i turn the truck on it takes about 10 minutes for the fuel gauge to show how much fuel there is. the only thing i can possibly think is wrong is that my truck is a 91 and the circuit board on the cluster is original but the slosh module is from a 93, but i don't think that would be a problem, any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

RangerKid25

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Manual
so i figured out that it was the anti-slosh module, ford told me it is a $124 part......:thefinger: i deleted it, so what if the needle moves a little when i corner.

turbographx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1993 that I did a gauge cluster swap on. (went from no tach to a cluster with a tach)
My fuel gauge is doing the exact same thing you mentioned. to check all related parts, I reinstalled the original cluster and the fuel gauge in it works perfect. So, now I know that the problem is somewhere in the new cluster. I'm thinking the same problem as you had.
Question: Where is this "anti-slosh module" and how did you delete it?
Note: I don't care if the needle moves a bit when I corner, just wanna be able to see how much gas I have left BEFORE it is used.:icon_rofl:
Thanks for any and all help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals