• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Front Suspenison Swap

kbell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Has anyone put a mustang 2 front suspension on a 94 ranger spalsh. I'm trying to make this truck lay down on 24's and was going to swap the front out with a mustang 2 suspension but don't know if this will work or if I need to use a different suspension to get this done. The back already lays down on the ground just need help with the front.

Brett06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ur gonna have a hell of a time tryin to lay frame on 24"s in the front, ive never seen it done but anything is possible with some know how and a torch

kbell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yea

It's been done with 22's but not 24's the front is the only problem. That's why I was wondering about the mustang 2 suspension cause I bought one for $150. It's going to take alot of work but I know I can do it.

Brett06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ya, the 98+ ranger front ends resemble a mustang II"s so if u try gettin sum info on one of those style front ends it might help, good luck to you, we would deff love to see some pics of this, especially since its a little different with the 24's

kbell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yea I need to post some picture of it I will maybe tomorrow. It's a stepside truck with 24's. It's been bagged and super notched. Fuel cell with 4 alpine "12" with 1500 watt audiopipe and 1000 watt mtx amp. I got alot of work ahead of me but I think I can do it. Also how hard is it to put in a four link in the rear.

rat_ranger

December 2009 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
There is alot of talk about the 85-94 toyota truck clip. they have better geometry and alot of support to lay frame with them. check it out on RPS. They are aparently pretty simple to swap in if you are careful and can weld.

kbell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I can weld I didn't know if I could use that suspension or not. I heard I could use the mustang II. I've seen rangers with the toyota suspension. Where could I get some info on the toyota clip

Brett06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
rangerpowersports.com hope this works out well for you, it will b an interesting build

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
There has been a couple rangers bodied on 24s the mustang ii and 84-94 toyota pickup front suspension have very similar geometry but I think the yota seems to get a little more travel. I have worked with both suspension setups. However the M2 has alot more aftermarket availability. you will need some tubular control arms for the yota clip and some drop spindles which I selll both if you are interested. The 98+ranger is nothing like a m2 suspension other than the fact its a control arm suspension, the geometry is way different and the 98+ ranger has a way tall spindle and gets worse camber than the m2. However it does get a decent amount of travel.

Brett06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ya i didnt know much about geometry lol just the way it looks and some similarity in the way it works

Casper98

August 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Stepside on 24's? I'd like to see that, did you raise your bedsides for them to fit? or does it not "Lay out"?

Brett06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
he said it already lays on the back, but it suprises me, thats a mighty close fit in there lol

Casper98

August 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well people have to raise the bed sides for 20's so I'm curious to see how it looks with 24's

Brett06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ya im pretty curious to see what it looks like too:worthless:

Casper98

August 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
x2 PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals