• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

front bump stops

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hi all. i have an 88 2wd ranger. just put in a 4" lift with autofab bent beams. the thing runs out of up travel now before it hits the bump stops. i need to move them down 2-3". figured someone else likely had a similar issue and may have a solution. worse case ill make a bracket or block and use an aftermarket bump stop. just thought someone might make an application specific bracket. any advice is appreciated.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if your stock bumpstops are in good shape, just make a bracket to lower them

my rough country lift kit came with bumpstop drops that were just some square stock with holes drilled in it. worked great for me

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
don't do that. Why don't you make use of your new found travel and get rid of that crappy stock shock setup and either fabricate something or use the f-250 shock mounts. then you can use a shock with more travel and utilize all the bump travel you can get, along with more droop.

for more info on the f-250 mounts check out the article in the tech section on it!

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hi again, sorry to disappear, i got dragged off to new jersey. i read about the shock mount options in the tech library. i like the idea of the f250 upper. this setup im running is temporary- looking to go coilover not too far down the road here. i used some 3x2 steel tube i had laying around to move the stock bump stops down, but i just may do the f250 upper thing. it is worth the travel, especially on the bump. any body want to buy some new rancho front shocks? just bought the sob's, now i get done this ill need something else. i go to this much trouble i may just have to keep my current setup a while. thanks tony and bryan, you all really got me thinking.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals