• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

frame restoration

NHmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Going 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Hey Fella's, First time posting, but have been browsing the threads for a while now. I have finally started a V8 conversion on my 97 ranger 2wd (which will be my street "toy"), I have the cab and bed removed. I live in the Northeast so the frame has some rust, but to my surprise not as bad as I thought it was going to be (will post pics when I get out of work). I plan on doing the bead/sand/media blasting myself, however, will a portable blaster like these work:
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_33184_33184

This of course is just an example, they also have a 5 gallon.

Has/does anyone ever used a type like this outside as I dont have a garage? I plan on renting a gas powered air compressor (10cfm+) and blast away, then use POR-15, then spray it with bedliner(?).

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions???

Thanks guys...

Boghog1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi Mike, a blaster like that will work and the key is lots of air. where in NH are you there are a couple of us from NH here. as much as I like POR you may want to look into Eastwood Rust Encapsulator

NHmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Going 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Actually after I posted this, I looked up and found I could rent a 90cfm air compressor and portable sand blaster for a day for about the same price as buying just the sandbalster.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals