• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

foxbody mustang on bronco II frame

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I have to agree. The unibody cannot be swapped onto a bronco or any other chassis without alot of custom work (10k+) That one you see is most likely a rich kids project. Otherwise its not on a bronco chassis at all. It's a lifted mustang, which is alot more possible.
What. 10k? Is that dollars?

You're from Florida, right? I thought FL was like the epicenter of good old backwoods ghettofab goodness.

You could buy a B2, a Mustang shell, and everything you need to get it running and driving for a lot less than that.

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
Duh!

I have to agree. The unibody cannot be swapped onto a bronco or any other chassis without alot of custom work (10k+) That one you see is most likely a rich kids project. Otherwise its not on a bronco chassis at all. It's a lifted mustang, which is alot more possible.
I guess you've never owned or messed with a fox bodied Mustang, Fairmont, or T-Bird:dunno:.............I've never owned a Fairmont or T-Bird as yet, but I have had several late 80's, early 90's Mustangs and their unibodies are flimsy, and don't take nothin to twistem into JUNK! So a Mustang body SAH ain't gonna support no liftin or 4X4 axles!!!

If you look closely at the front shot, you can see the front coils of the Bronco II chassis, along with you can see the sidebars are welded straight to the frame rails.

I don't believe anybody said it would be a walk-in the park build, your gonna have to do some SERIOUS modifyin & fabricatin :icon_welder:to accomplish this kinda build.

Ya ever hear the term "If there's a will, there's a way!"??? My Uncle put a 283 in a 73 Chevy Luv back in 74, BEFORE anybody ever thought of buildin & sellin a kit for it, he was a welder by trade & taught it at New Castle School of Trades in New Bedford, PA also............I've seen V8 VW Bugs, V8 VW Squareback Wagons, V8 Corvairs, list goes on & on................

As said above, "TO EACH HIS OWN"!

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
85 Mustang GT Convertible on Bronco II chassis:

The guy that built this did a mid 80's Chevy Celebrity on a S10 4X4 chassis too...................

Oh good god, I just threw up in my mouth a little.............

why, god, why? Why did this Aho have to ruin a perfectly good Mustang?

now if it was a Mustang 2 on a B2 frame then I would understand.

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
hey i think that mustang looks way better than street ones....i say do it!

Danger FX4 Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
honestly the only cool looking car on a truck frame that looks good is the corvette they did on monster garage.

:icon_rofl: ROFL. I wonder how many people cried when they saw that Corvette?

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Where's mutant pony on this one?

slammer67

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Automatic
That's been so done before. I bet there are a few dozen of those running around the country, although that's the first convertable one i've seen. The first gen mustang on an f150 frame has been done to death also, heck I've even seen a monster pinto on a jeep frame with 40's in pueblo, CO once, but I have to admit I thought the pinto was pretty cool just because it was original.

If your gonna do it, do something no one else has done.

And waste of a good mustang? what about a waste of a good B2 frame
Oh wait, it's an s10, oh well then, carry on.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
thats a late 70's early 80's corvette ..... nobody but me liked those.
me an a buddy were gonna do that but with a k10 frame and a vette

DarkrhaveN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I don't like the way it looks personally. I'm not a fan of the fox body. However, I can appreciate the time and work put into this creation. It must have taken a lot of hard work. Kudos for that.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I guess you've never owned or messed with a fox bodied Mustang, Fairmont, or T-Bird:dunno:.............I've never owned a Fairmont or T-Bird as yet, but I have had several late 80's, early 90's Mustangs and their unibodies are flimsy, and don't take nothin to twistem into JUNK! So a Mustang body SAH ain't gonna support no liftin or 4X4 axles!!!

If you look closely at the front shot, you can see the front coils of the Bronco II chassis, along with you can see the sidebars are welded straight to the frame rails.

I don't believe anybody said it would be a walk-in the park build, your gonna have to do some SERIOUS modifyin & fabricatin :icon_welder:to accomplish this kinda build.

Ya ever hear the term "If there's a will, there's a way!"??? My Uncle put a 283 in a 73 Chevy Luv back in 74, BEFORE anybody ever thought of buildin & sellin a kit for it, he was a welder by trade & taught it at New Castle School of Trades in New Bedford, PA also............I've seen V8 VW Bugs, V8 VW Squareback Wagons, V8 Corvairs, list goes on & on................

As said above, "TO EACH HIS OWN"!

I'm sorry who are you? Ive owned a '86 coupe, and '85 hatch, and an '89 hatch. I blew through a very crappy 97 GT, and I currently own a 2000 mustang. I never said it could support a lift. I said that most likely any custom work you see to a mustang is just a lift and tires. But to fab a stang onto a bronco 2 frame is just shy of impossible without alot of money.

Try to find a different way of saying "I disagree" instead of telling someone you know nothing about that "you don't know shyt". By the way you classified the t-bird with the mustang on a frame based subject. They only share the major driveline components motors axles etc. I've had one of them too.

What. 10k? Is that dollars?

You're from Florida, right? I thought FL was like the epicenter of good old backwoods ghettofab goodness.

You could buy a B2, a Mustang shell, and everything you need to get it running and driving for a lot less than that.
I am from Florida, and lucky me I live about 20 miles from Gainesville raceway. Gator Nationals ,here I come. They also do the Fun Ford Weekend here. About 6 months ago we had a Mustang GTO shootout. That was pretty fun to watch.
It may be the epicenter of Fabulghettoless, but even we don't bust up mustangs like that. I do have a guy in this neighborhood welded a Jimmy frame to a nissan maxima body. It was about 500lbs. Of solid steel stock connecting the frame of the nissan to the fram of the truck. 2 inch square steel stock for exhaust pipes. It's ok to americanize the imports out here.

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
????

=============================================
^^^^This is YOUR QUOTE right????

"That one you see is most likely a rich kids project. Otherwise its not on a bronco chassis at all. It's a lifted mustang, which is alot more possible"

Who in their right mind is gonna lift a Mustang?

The one I posted pics of was built by a guy who's probably 50-55 yrs old..........his current project is a early 60's Jag that he's put Fiero front suspension on, and is goin with a SBC.:icon_welder:

And a T-Bird of those years was considered to be a FOX BODY also I believe.........that's what I referenced to, not the 4X4 Stang.

Last edited:

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My 4wd car is not on a Truck chassis. The uni-body is heavily reinforced.
You can see in that Mustang pic that the Mustang doesn't fit the BII chassis well at all.
I did start a 4x4 Taurus a while ago that is on a full size Bronco frame. It fits the frame really well. Most of the contours match. I have too many projects to finish it though.
I don't agree with chopping up a collectable car. Grab a grocery getter or econobox and cut away!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals